NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Not sure we'll get a fee for any of our squad/backup players tbh.

Most of them will leave when their contract is up.

If we could get a fee they would already be gone imo.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Ashworth should be fired from a cannon if he only manages to pull in £40m for Willock

A year ago, aye. Hasn’t played this season so can’t be screaming top bucks.

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

We don’t have the ability to sign a moderately skilled in form striker from a lower to mid level premier league team. FFP, brilliant ain’t it?

It doesn't help the careers of those individuals either, they could be in the form of their lives and deserve such progressive moves, but restrictions hold them back, only for clubs to move onto other targets as the summer roles around, leaving such players in limbo.

1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

It seems we have to sell to buy. What would you be willing to sell each of our players for? 

Pope - 15 mill 

Dubravka - 2-3mill 

Trippier - 10 mill 

Schar - 10 mill 

Botman - 55 mill 

Livramento - 45 mill 

Lascelles - 2 mill 

Burn - 8 mill 

Targett - 6 mill 

Krafth - free

Dummett - Free

Manquillo - Free

Hall - loan 

Longstaff - 20 mill 

Miley - no sale

Joelinton - 40 mill 

Bruno - 100 mill 

Willock - 40 mill 

Almiron - 15 mill 

Tonali - 40 mill 

Anderson - 15 mill 

Ritchie - Free

Gordon - 55 mill 

Murphy - 10 mill 

Barnes - 15 mill 

Isak - 65 mill 

Wilson - 10 mill 

—————————

Total Value - 870 mill 

I’d be looking to sell Almiron, Wilson, Targett, Longstaff and Krafth. Dont renew Ritchie or Dummett. Bring in 85 mill pounds. Save 500k a week in wages. 

Sign a developing CB to backup Schar (30 mill)

A starting RW (50 mill)

A forward to replace Wilson (50 mill) 

Get Minteh back. 
A central midfielder that can receive the ball deep to beat the press. (50 mill) 

—————————————————-

cost - 180 mill @ 36 mill per year. 

Most of those fees would be investigated by Scotland Yard never mind the PL. Even if the Saudi league came calling I think the edited is all you could expect.

Getting players off the books who are not providing anything on the pitch is critical this summer.

Gillespie

Karius

Kraft

Manq

Targett

Lewis

Dummett

Hayden

Ritiche

Fraser

Hendrick

I'd be listening to deals for Wilson, dubs, Murphy & burn as well, though doubt Howe will. 

Need to pump Kuols value, seeing lots of players get recalled, seems like a waste of everyones time at Volendam, get him in League 1 or something.

Wilson, Targett, Longstaff and either Almiron or Murphy need to move on in the Summer. We would get fees for each of them. 

Wilson has one of the highest goal to minutes ratio in the PL, he’s 31 and has a terrible injury record. A team would gamble on him for 20 mill. He can guarantee survival when fit. 

Targett needs to move to a bottom half team. He’s behind too many here now. Hes English and experienced in the league. I think 10 mill is fair. 

Longstaff’s value won’t get any higher. He’s a limited player and with Miley improving and Tonali coming back. We should cash in and upgrade. 25-30 mill. 

Almiron has 14 goals in a season and a half from a wing position. They are decent numbers and I think 15-20 mill would be a good deal for us and whoever signs him. 

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Most of those fees would be investigated by Scotland Yard never mind the PL. Even if the Saudi league came calling I think the edited is all you could expect.

Getting players off the books who are not providing anything on the pitch is critical this summer.

Gillespie

Karius

Kraft

Manq

Targett

Lewis

Dummett

Hayden

Ritiche

Fraser

Hendrick

I'd be listening to deals for Wilson, dubs, Murphy & burn as well, though doubt Howe will. 

Aye those fees are crackers tbh. I don't know what world some people live in.

10 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Wilson, Targett, Longstaff and either Almiron or Murphy need to move on in the Summer. We would get fees for each of them. 

It will cost a heck of a fortune to replace them vs the fees coming in. Longstaff, Wilson and Almiron are still key players for us. The RW position will probably cost us half the budget next window. DM and RCB should be on the agenda also. Backup for Isak/Wilson will cost.

Edited by nufc123

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

It will cost a heck of a fortune to replace them vs the fees coming in. Longstaff, Wilson and Almiron are still key players for us. The RW position will probably cost us half the budget nest window. DM and RCB should be on the agenda also.

FFP amortisation? 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

We wont/should not sell three key players

Our key players are Trippier, Schar Botman, Joelinton, Bruno, Gordon, Isak, Tonali (potentially). 

Almiron, Wilson and Longstaff are first team players. But not key. We won’t progress to a top 6 side with them playing regularly. 

People still saying Longstaff will be sold in the Summer clearly haven't looked at UEFA registration regulations. We're not going to sell one of the only homegrown players we have that's good enough to make the squad. Longstaff will be here for at least 2 more seasons after this one. 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

People still saying Longstaff will be sold in the Summer clearly haven't looked at UEFA registration regulations. We're not going to sell one of the only homegrown players we have that's good enough to make the squad. Longstaff will be here for at least 2 more seasons after this one. 

Thats only for Europe though.

17 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Our key players are Trippier, Schar Botman, Joelinton, Bruno, Gordon, Isak, Tonali (potentially). 

Almiron, Wilson and Longstaff are first team players. But not key. We won’t progress to a top 6 side with them playing regularly. 

At the moment they are key players because we dont have alternatives to them. Tonali back will help. When fit Wilson is a key player. We already need a back up to him and Isak, and it will cost. Selling Wilson/Almiron/Longstaff for peanuts will not help. We will need a group on the bench capable of performances. 

Edited by nufc123

44 minutes ago, TRC said:

Thats only for Europe though.

I thought I was pessimistic! You have to imagine we will be back in European competition again soon. We couldn't register a full 25 man squad for the CL this year as we missed the quota for homegrown players. 

While Phillips seems the universal solution I can see the hesitancy. Given our track record and his own injury record and lack of games, there is a high probability we pay a ton of money for a loan to Man City and then he gets injured and doesn't play for us. 

Our level of intensity and playing/training style could cause issues too but it's not like Man City are going to be slouches of any less intense than we are, so that's less of an issue.

His positives knowing the league and being able to perform in it outweigh the potential negatives. It's a gamble for a big loan fee and we will risk losing him to other clubs gambling later in the window for the loan fee to be lowered.

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I thought I was pessimistic! You have to imagine we will be back in European competition again soon. We couldn't register a full 25 man squad for the CL this year as we missed the quota for homegrown players. 

Think we need 11 wins from the remaining 18 games to get top 6. If we scrap the Villa, Arsenal and City games we still have injuries thats 11 wins from 15. Its not pessimism its just clear what we need to do and its a big ask.