NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

MGW would cost too much imo. He absolutely bossed Bruno on the day up here. He’s still improving as well. 

Not many players come out on top over Bruno, but I agree I think he did. There was also a game against Chelsea, don’t think it was the last one though can’t recall, when Gallagher got the better of the (relatively few to be fair) one on ones. 

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

We wanted Maddison in the summer of 2022 and he was apparently happy to join us

Last summer we seemed to prioritise Barnes over Maddison despite them being a similar price

Another one for the complete made up shite pile.

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Not many players come out on top over Bruno, but I agree I think he did. There was also a game against Chelsea, don’t think it was the last one though can’t recall, when Gallagher got the better of the (relatively few to be fair) one on ones. 

TBF in the league game vs Chelsea their midfield didn’t get a kick, almost as if there’s something in the fatigue claims

24 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Let go of the narrative, man. We want the right players regardless of nationality and cost, if affordable. The house praises the builder. And we’re trying to build a magnificent magpie mansion. 

No point building a mansion and having to eat a pot noodle off sofabed as you couldn't afford the kitchen and living room.

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

MGW would cost too much imo. He absolutely bossed Bruno on the day up here. He’s still improving as well. 

He was very good that day. It did help that he was immune to getting a card. Was aggressive as fuck from the off and must have had 4-5 niggly fouls. Followed by a big old whinge to the ref. One shocker on Bruno and all. The ref totally enabled that and let him

get away with murder. 

It also helped that all of our players on the day appeared to be wearing rigger boots. They were that bad and slow. 

I’ve been fairly critical with links to the likes of Mctominay and Gallagher, but MGW isn’t your typical British player. He’s a brilliant player with potential to get to a lot better. I’d be delighted to sign him.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve been fairly critical with links to the likes of Mctominay and Gallagher, but MGW isn’t your typical British player. He’s a brilliant player with potential to get to a lot better. I’d be delighted to sign him.

Same. If we are going to pay the Prem/English tax. Then I’d be happy if there were some truth to the rumours. 

Even better if they owe us money for Wood and/or they need to sell for to help with their money troubles. 

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Same. If we are going to pay the Prem/English tax. Then I’d be happy if there were some truth to the rumours. 

Even better if they owe us money for Wood and/or they need to sell for to help with their money troubles. 

Maybe we can hoy Hendrick in as a sweetener? :bluestar:

7 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Just noticed Neto is back for Wolves, like him decent player down either wing.

Decent is doing him a disservice imo. I think he’s one of the best wingers in the league, just a shame about his injury record.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Decent is doing him a disservice imo. I think he’s one of the best wingers in the league, just a shame about his injury record.

Very true, he's more than decent.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

All eggs in one basket. Working well for us. 

The only time we did that was Gordon this time last year and he's turned out brilliantly. Then in the summer we paid an admittedly substantial amount on strengthening full-back, centre midfield and the wings. But there was no 'all eggs in one basket,' we bought three quality players. 

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I'm sceptical of all links at the moment because while I think we are open to selling certain players for the right price, I' m not convinced either the buying clubs or the players we are selling are at that stage yet.

Gibbs-White is a decent prospect but he’s not what we need right now.. like he’s not going to prevent teams from playing right through us.

We need a proper DM as total priority.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Last summer we seemed to prioritise Barnes over Maddison despite them being a similar price

Sigh, how many times? We wanted both of them. Maddison said he’d only join Arsenal or spurs. He went to spurs. Barnes was nothing to do with that deal, we were getting him anyway.

from the horses mouth, as I’ve said hundreds of times now. (Our horse, not spurs’)

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

£23-5m difference if my maths right. 5yrs x£200kpw Vs 5yrs x£100kpw. Give or take a few KPW.

Just been reading a Nottinghamshire based take on Gibbs White transfer. Apparently he is out injured (abdominal; sustained in training) so reckon it is probably nailed on; clearly one for us! It also said that the initial fee for him was £25m. Thought it was more, but maybe additional stuff added on.  

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

25m for MGW is an absolute no brainer.

Next season with a fit Willock and MGW and Isak and Gordon all somewhere across the front six has a lot of interchangeable movement.

Edited by cubaricho