NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Moving a lot of the deadweight will continue to be key. Squad will look a lot more streamlined (and we’ll be freed up to spend elsewhere) when the likes of Fraser, Hendrick, Hayden, Targett, Dummett, Ritchie, Gillespie/Karius, and Lewis are shifted. It’s only a matter of time.

Also time to weigh the cost-benefit of selling guys like Bruno, Miggy, Burn, Tripps, Schar, Big Joe, Little Joe, Wilson, Pope, Longstaff, Murphy.

To me, the “untouchables” at this point are Isak, Botman, Tonali, and Gordon. Guys that I really wouldn’t consider selling unless the fee were obscene.

Edited by Deuce

10 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Moving a lot of the deadweight will continue to be key. Squad will look a lot more streamlined (and we’ll be freed up to spend elsewhere) when the likes of Fraser, Hendrick, Hayden, Targett, Dummett, Ritchie, Gillespie/Karius, and Lewis are shifted. It’s only a matter of time.

Also time to weigh the cost-benefit of selling guys like Bruno, Miggy, Burn, Tripps, Schar, Big Joe, Little Joe, Wilson, Pope, Longstaff, Murphy.

To me, the “untouchables” at this point are Isak, Botman, Tonali, and Gordon. Guys that I really wouldn’t consider selling unless the fee were obscene.

Harsh

10 minutes ago, Deuce said:

I have to seriously add Joe to that.

21 minutes ago, Deuce said:

I agree with most of this, but Bruno should only be available at or near his release clause (which I would say is borderline obscene). Otherwise, if he's happy, we're far better off keeping him.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I agree with most of this, but Bruno should only be available at or near his release clause (which I would say is borderline obscene). Otherwise, if he's happy, we're far better off keeping him.

:thup: he’s right on the fence with the ‘untouchables’ category and I’d definitely have him there if he were 2 years younger. 

I know at a certain point we can’t just keep selling players of a certain age (because then we’d never get anywhere :lol:), but we’re not there yet. Bruno is likely going to peak in the next couple of years and we’ll want to get as much back for him as possible. I think I’d be surprised if he were still with us the season after next.

38 minutes ago, Deuce said:

If someone offered us our money back on Tonali I’d take it.

The likes of Onana, MGW and Solanke have established themselves in the PL and you're therefore paying a premium for them, would hope we focus more on players a step further back than that to get some value. Barnes and Livramento were different as they were from relegated clubs and I'd argue those fees were very reasonable. Bowen's worth a ton now but we need to try signing the next Bowen. 

I'm sure the club are well aware of all of this but I just find some of the links for incomings a bit curious. 

4 minutes ago, Deuce said:

:thup: he’s right on the fence with the ‘untouchables’ category and I’d definitely have him there if he were 2 years younger. 

I know at a certain point we can’t just keep selling players of a certain age (because then we’d never get anywhere :lol:), but we’re not there yet. Bruno is likely going to peak in the next couple of years and we’ll want to get as much back for him as possible. I think I’d be surprised if he were still with us the season after next.

I'd be more open to selling him in summer 2025 for, say, 75% of what we'd get this summer. I'd really like one more full season with Bruno after some summer strengthening and presumably less injuries. I think we can go places and then we (and he) can assess where we are. 

He's also contributed plenty and I'll understand on all sides if we get a massive fee and he gets to play for Barcelona or someone, but it would feel like it was unfinished.

Worth noting that we've had an eye on Onana going back to when he was at Lille, and so this interest isn't new and solely based on his prem experience.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

What? That’s a wild take. :lol: 

I think Tonali will come good, but I don't think there's any question we'd sell him tomorrow if someone offered what we paid. 

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He won’t be worth what we paid when he returns 

He’ll be worth way more once he gets playing again. I really hope it’s here. He’s going to transform us. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Hope so.  I’m not confident re that. 

He was already great when getting up to speed, would’ve gotten even better, and we would still be in the CL if he were playing.

People have ridiculously short memories.