NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If this is true, highly doubtful, then why would we sell a player who Liverpool believe is an answer for their RW, when our RW is a problem?

Again, assuming it’s true, if we did deal with them then I hope we do what Man City do, make sure they pay as much as possible, and put in a buyback agreement.

With Minteh I wouldn’t be surprised if the real story is we have a lot of people who want him on loan but we are in up hurry to do so as if someone offered us 40m we’d rather take it. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

If we can sell him for 40 million and get Olise for 60 million it's a no brainer .

That would be outstanding business IF it’s even a probability. 

Edited by PauloGeordio

9 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Makes no sense tbh. Need to shift the likes of Almiron and Murphy man. Obviously it’s paper talk but it’ll be so frustrating if that’s how it plays out. 

If Liverpool want him then we should be looking to keep if we want to compete.

Why would it make no sense?  £40m brought in would allow us to spend upwards of £150m just from that sale.  If we can sell Almiron for £20m do that too and use both deals to invest a couple of hundred million plus this season while still meeting FFP.

8 hours ago, Dr. TC said:

You reckon we sold a million shirts today, generously assuming a 50% profit? 

Aye, the 5,000 members on here bought 500,000 shirts between them. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

The window doesn’t even open for another 3 weeks FFS 🤦🏻 

It opens 14 june, so one week.

Edit: 6 days to be exact.

Edited by Toon No9

You’re quite right I was getting it mixed up with when most players contracts expire. But also it’s not the first summer with a major tournament and we all know that generally slows the market until that’s finished. Basically I am saying judge the window and the club's business in it once it has closed, not a week before it’s even opened.

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

People still assuming it’s that easy to sell our unwanted players? If it was they would have already be gone.

You have no idea how easy or hard it is. Players are on holiday/international duty. Don’t think there will be much movement in June so we just don’t know. I fully expect we’ll get bids for Wilson, trippier, Dubravka and Almiron we just have to wait and see 

What makes everyone think we will get Olisse. Chelsea are after him and so are Man Utd. I believe he is a Man Utd fan. We won’t be able to offer bigger wages than Chelsea either. 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, not a chance we're signing  Olise.

Agree. No chance. The same people saying we missed out on Tosin coz we didn’t get Europe will be the same ones confidently predicting we’ll get Olise

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

You have no idea how easy or hard it is. Players are on holiday/international duty. Don’t think there will be much movement in June so we just don’t know. I fully expect we’ll get bids for Wilson, trippier, Dubravka and Almiron we just have to wait and see 

Pretty good idea how hard it will be tbh.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, not a chance we're signing  Olise.

I think there could be a chance he signs. Olise seems switched on and has already rejected Chelsea before.

At both of these clubs mentioned there is competition for the RW position. Chelsea with Palmer and United with both Antony and Sancho. 

If he wants to play regularly to improve his chance of getting into the French squad a move to us would make sense

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Pretty good idea how hard it will be tbh.

Might not get much for them but I’m confident they 4 players won’t be here by window closing. window isn’t even open and players are on holiday and you are moaning why aren’t they away yet. Doesn’t work like that. That’s why lot of business gets done late on 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I think there could be a chance he signs. Olise seems switched on and has already rejected Chelsea before.

At both of these clubs mentioned there is competition for the RW position. Chelsea with Palmer and United with both Antony and Sancho. 

If he wants to play regularly to improve his chance of getting into the French squad a move to us would make sense

And the Howe factor. That has to count for those looking to develope.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I consider myself fairly optimistic when it comes to NUFC, but we just won't get involved in a bidding war with "big six" clubs.

Both Man United and Chelsea can offer first team football, better wages and more immediate success.

All of our big signings have been opportunistic or bought during a "dip".

We'll get there, we just don't have the pull or financial strength to be going toe to toe with these clubs for signings yet.

Edited by The Prophet

Liverpool can afford for it not to work out because of quality they already have. That £40 million to us is potentially 2 new first team upgrades and we need the money to progress rather than taking gambles on him turning out ok. I would even accept selling Bruno for 100 mill if it means we can strengthen team as a whole as rely on a few key players right now.

They may also take that 40 mill and look for other young potential to loan out which is probably the strategy and where we are at moment and to progress with restrictions in place we are going to need to generate revenue.

I'm not surprised by the story on Minteh, if Slot has worked with him and seen his potential then it's hardly a surprise. I've got a feeling he's going to be some player, really wouldn't want us to sell, but I guess we should do a sell on clause, plus buy back clause and full cash upfront. 

Slot being after Minteh would be a red flag if I was a Liverpool fan.  Nothing would make me more anxious than a new manager’s first target being someone he’d worked with previously - especially someone completely unproven at the top level.

I’m ambivalent about whether the lad stays or not.  He was likely bought to be sold - if we made five times what he cost then that’s a cracking return.  If he stays, then it’s because Howe wants him, which is good enough for me. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Slot being after Minteh would be a red flag if I was a Liverpool fan.  Nothing would make me more anxious than a new manager’s first target being someone he’d worked with previously - especially someone completely unproven at the top level.

I’m ambivalent about whether the lad stays or not.  He was likely bought to be sold - if we made five times what he cost then that’s a cracking return.  If he stays, then it’s because Howe wants him, which is good enough for me. 

Trippier? :lol: 

I get your point tho 

Reality of FFP is Liverpool can spend 40m on an understudy with potential. For NUFC those sums can (for now) only go on players who will be first team within 12 months

FFP working as intended to protect the established clubs