NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

A cheaper / riskier option like Madueke is also a bit easier to take (and maybe an easier decision to make) if we think Minteh also has the potential and is getting close.

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Very similar to the Tosin thread tbh - they can offer things we simply can't match, namely bigger wages, better location and European football (next season). I'd love him to sign but I can't see it happening unfortunately

Hopefully you are wrong and I am right :yao:

Edited by duo

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

Like a page ago 

i sport? Who is that? At least Oilse is Ornstein

Edit: Douglas - fair enough

Edited by duo

Maresca tends to play with a 4-3-3 so it’ll be interesting to see what they plan on doing with Palmer should Olise sign for them. Hopefully the latter decides they’re a basket case. 

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Maresca tends to play with a 4-3-3 so it’ll be interesting to see what they plan on doing with Palmer should Olise sign for them. Hopefully the latter decides they’re a basket case. 

Can we take Palmer if they get Olise. 

27 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

More like 200k, but yeah, prohibitively high wages.

But spanish taxes are way higher so probably would accept 150k.

Much prefer Olise over Williams. Williams has played a lot this season on the left and cutting in on his stronger foot. He definitely can play on the right he was there most of the previous season.

He has Barca written all over him hence why we were linked yesterday to Torres and Rafiniha.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He turned Chelsea down last summer, any season this one would be any different?

Probably chuck even more wages at him

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He turned Chelsea down last summer, any season this one would be any different?

Obviously turned them down because they low balled him wages and no Europe. Nailed on now! :bluestar:

1 hour ago, Checko said:

I watched a highlights video of Olise.

I shouldn't have watched a highlights video of Olise.

Post the highlights video of Olise so that I may too regret watching the highlights video of Olise.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nico Williams release clause £49 million apparently.

Would absolutely love him here, I'm a big fan of his. Think he's perfect for us. Wages are allegedly very high, €200,000 a week but I haven't found any reputable sources reporting that. Think only Ben Jacobs and GOAL.com have ran with it which has been perpetuated on Transfermarkt and FBRef, the latter of whom has asterisked it with 'unverified estimation'.

He's been mentioned by Douglas and Waugh since the season's close as well.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fwiw it’s been widely reported that Chelsea have a very strict wage cap in place now.

How’s that gonna work when the majority of the squad are already on fortunes?

1 hour ago, STM said:

Screenshot_20240613_175954_Chrome.jpg

:lol: He was the most odious cunt on the face of the Earth at Everton and now he's a sweet lovely boy who not at all kinda looks like Hitler.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

How’s that gonna work when the majority of the squad are already on fortunes?

Are they ? Most of this squad have been bought under Boehly

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Are they ? Most of this squad have been bought under Boehly

Just had a quick swizz on Capology on it’s got 12 of them down as 100k+.

Some notable ones on less like Palmer and Gusto, but I reckon if you’re being bought for £60m+, your agent is probably trying to get you up towards the top end of the squad wage-wise.

*Sterling down as £325k, wow

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Post the highlights video of Olise so that I may too regret watching the highlights video of Olise.

He does dribbly dribbly. He does shooty shooty. And he does passy passy.

Only silver cloud in us inevitably missing out on him is we won't have to go through the most excrutiating interview in NUFC TV history.

7 minutes ago, Checko said:

He does dribbly dribbly. He does shooty shooty. And he does passy passy.

Only silver cloud in us inevitably missing out on him is we won't have to go through the most excrutiating interview in NUFC TV history.

I had to turn that off after the through ball 25 seconds in, no point getting blue balled.

15 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

He’d get injured in the first 5 games for us  then struggle with niggles for the rest of the season. It’s what we do. Go for someone that won’t excite us. 

And then they’ll excite us. 

Madueke on a loan to buy would be perfect. Then get Jonathan David please.

Olise would obviously be good, but could well be smoke an mirrors for a Nico Williams approach though.

Very dubious rumour that Roma need to cash in on Tammy Abraham and might take 20m. Kelechi Iheanacho was linked yesterday or so in the mirror, on a free. Could see someone like that coming in for depth and back up whether we sell Wilson or not.