NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Carlo Ancelotti absolutely loves DCL which is enough for me. He called him a “complete striker” and said he was better than Inzaghi in many ways. It’s worth reading some of his quotes.

It’s hard to really judge him on last season because Everton scored the second least amount of goals in the league almost by design. We scored over twice as many so you’d expect a higher output from him automatically.

13 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Suspect this DCL link will fade away until Luke mentions it again in two years. Seems to be his hobby horse this. 

My guess is he’s connected with DCL’s agent and he’s getting used to either get a better contract at Everton or drum up interest.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

My guess is he’s connected with DCL’s agent and he’s getting used to either get a better contract at Everton or drum up interest.

Edwards says "The England international’s name has always featured prominently in recruitment meetings and Newcastle have been pushing hard to sign the player for the last few weeks". 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Really not a fan of that at all tbh.

We’d only need him to be back up to Isak. Think not being the main man and having to return to the team and play through injuries will help him stay fitter.

2 hours ago, 54 said:

If we get him for £10m/£15m and on relatively cheap wages, I'm not against it as a second choice striker, as he'll give us a different dimension depending on the game. Any more then that, no thanks.

That said it's only Edwards reporting it, so it's probably BS :lol:

IMG_3778.thumb.png.7270ab215751a6155638d0e4e52285d1.png
My guess is it’s Saturday A.M and Luke is fishing for “de clicks”. This bait will gain another 568 pages on N.O as there are no Engerrlaand or pre season distractions yet. 

Edited by PauloGeordio

2 minutes ago, SAK said:

We’d only need him to be back up to Isak. Think not being the main man and having to return to the team and play through injuries will help him stay fitter.

The thing is, given Isak’s own injury issues, we may need him to play quite a lot. Not sure he is the right type of striker to play how we do given his injury record.

Awful signing alongside potentially another crock with Kelly, window shaping up exactly as I feared without a DOF shaping the strategy.

Hopefully Edwards off the mark as usual, otherwise they better start employing some extra medical staff for next season the physio room will be choca.

23 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

That’s what will delay our ‘empire building’. We’re a long way from being able to afford that kind of wage and the ripple effects it causes. 

To be fair I think that's what put Chelsea off as well... It reads like they would need to up the wages across the squad to bring in  equal parity to the higher earners.

If we paid that wage, the knock on effect would cripple us 

It would be an absolutely grim signing and every single one of you would recognise it as such if Spurs or Man Utd bought him. 

edit - although if we’re doing it as a PSR wheeze with one going the other way then fair enough. 

Edited by Paulinho