NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

The worrying thing is this leaking from our side. I'm assuming someone from the club informed Hope as it's unlikely he has sources on the Chelsea side. Why would we do that?

Joint article with Simon Jones who gets nowt right.

1 minute ago, Bunk Moreland said:

The worrying thing is this leaking from our side. I'm assuming someone from the club informed Hope as it's unlikely he has sources on the Chelsea side. Why would we do that?

It doesn't have to be worrying.

It could simply be a "we fought if interest to tie him down on a new deal" narrative.

Or another "look how shit FFP is" line.

3 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

If the club receive an offer for say 120million do they accept?

Realistically I think that would get us at the table and at 150m it would become hard to reject. I love Isak as much as anyone, but while we are not at the very top yet our owners will need to wheel and deal to get there under this wretched financial “fair” play system the powers that be have got going on.

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s not even really about success sadly, it’s just pure profit and loss and increasing revenue. Look at Leicester they were successful and still fell foul. 

It’s just a bullshit system designed to maintain the status quo. 

Yes but if those are the rules of the game we have to play along. So I don't rule anything out unless the PL authorities are challenged and eventually smashed. The process seems to have started, but unless Man City can win their case pretty rapidly, we might lose players in the meantime.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I think we would, it’s double what we paid after all. 

I feel he’s worth more to us but I can’t see us getting much more. 

Disagree, the only way we sell is if we can get an upgrade for less, and there aren’t any upgrades available for less, currently. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Unless he pushes for a move, we have absolutely no reason to sell.

This isn’t really the is it? The thing called PSR/FFP makes basically anyone skirting the line vulnerable to selling players they don’t want to sell. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

This isn’t really the is it? The thing called PSR/FFP makes basically anyone skirting the line vulnerable to selling players they don’t want to sell. 

It doesn't mean we need to sell our best players though. It'd be like setting the house on fire because you don't like the curtains.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It doesn't mean we need to sell our best players though. It'd be like setting the house on fire because you don't like the curtains.

Agree but you make a massive chunk which can be utilised to improve the rest of the squad. The Grealish sale transformed Villa, without that headroom they would have had nothing. 

That being said, I don’t want us to let him go at any price, I just see the logic to the club doing so. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Haven't they got a wage structure.

Plus we've just offered to make him our highest paid player.

Nkunku was signed to a £200k contract I believe, they will push it higher this summer