NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Not at all, you are posting nonsense stats so I pointed it out.

If you are going to get upset about it then don’t post nonsense stats.

His last 6 starts and a sub appearance are nonsense stats now? Get fucked you idiot, not even sure how I can see your bullshit considering you were on ignore last I checked 

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

People desperate to talk Minteh down is a weird one.

Is anyone really talking him down that much?

He looks a great prospect, but from a league which is notorious for goal scorers not being able to transition to the Premier League.

It's looking increasingly likely (as presumably we won't sell Bruno or Isak) that it's either sell Minteh or take a points deduction.

Without securing CL next year then we would expect to lose Isak & Bruno in the summer.

I personally don't think taking the risk of losing them next summer is worth keeping a very promising, but unproven prospect for.

The race for 4th is usually very close - we don't need the added pressure of a points deduction.

27 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Not at all, you are posting nonsense stats so I pointed it out.

If you are going to get upset about it then don’t post nonsense stats.

Scared Dog GIF by MOODMAN

31 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

His last 6 starts and a sub appearance are nonsense stats now? Get fucked you idiot, not even sure how I can see your bullshit considering you were on ignore last I checked 

You are attempting to portray that the player is bang in form when anybody with any sort of knowledge of football knows he isn’t, then when you get called out on it you start flouncing.😂

Below are the only non-penalty goals he has scored in his last 25 league games. Enjoy.

49 minutes ago, STM said:

And more critically, if people are interested in taking Miggy, they aren't interested right NOW. Which is the crucial part.

This is likely because any club with a brain knows that we are willing sellers and will wait until they can get the price down later in the window.

We couldn't shift him in January either, either the interest wasn't there or he didn't want to move. That might change next month, in the meantime we'll have to sell a bright young prospect who I would have hoped could have replaced Miggy next season. RW is a high priority position for us, it's a shame if we have to sell someone who's already on our books because Miggy wants to stay regardless of whether he's first choice or not.

I feel like the last window was depth building and while i love Barnes, Tonali, Livramento, and Hall  and applaud planning for the future, those moves did not significantly improve the starting eleven and we missed out on CL. Of course, the injuries really hurt and underscore the need for depth, I feel like a big boost to the starting eleven is in order. That is not DCL for Callum Wilson.  

One thing successful Newcastle sides have mostly had is an unpredictable player with tons of flair.  Not always the most consistent but always entertaining who can change a game with one moment of magic. Last season was the first in a long time we didn’t have that kind of player and there were times even though we scored tons that we could have used a bit of magic, especially in that Nov to Mar period. 

Asprilla, Ginola, Viana, Lua Lua, Martins, Saint Maximin, Ben Arfa. Thauvin and Cabella were also supposed to be those kind of players. 

Minteh I thought would have been good for that role. We do have Bruno and Isak who are less of a maverick and more world class players who can be consistent with it. But even then having that ability to change a game with speed, skill and unpredictability from the bench would have been useful

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

He has 4 goals and an assist in the last 6 and a bit games. He's been fit ages so no idea what this point is outside of needlessly knocking him

I didn't realise the season was 2 months long... What a load of nonsense

7 minutes ago, Menace said:

I didn't realise the season was 2 months long... What a load of nonsense

So current form is irrelevant to everything. Jesus man some of you actively try to hate supporting us, it's pathetic man. You literally posted as though him playing well would be a major task despite him producing in recent games. 

I literally saw him getting dragged off for Beto multiple times last season, but at least he played decent last few games.

Edit:  Being against a signing is not "actively trying to hate supporting us" What even gives you that idea?

Edited by Menace

Just now, Menace said:

I literally saw him getting dragged off for Beto multiple times last season, but at least he played decent last few games.

KI has repeatedly highlighted long term form too FFS but I suppose that's too long ago to count. Nothing but a specific patch of shit form will do. I'm not even a fan of his but the backlash from you lot is canny embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Upthemags said:

I respect your skepticism, a good dose of which is prudent, but I'm gonna side with Dortmund and Liverpool on this one

We aren’t selling him because we don’t rate him!

24 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

KI has repeatedly highlighted long term form too FFS but I suppose that's too long ago to count. Nothing but a specific patch of shit form will do. I'm not even a fan of his but the backlash from you lot is canny embarrassing. 

Everything that needs to be said about DCL has been said now, no need trying to explain any of it further.

If and when he signs, August will eventually come around and the games will kick off, and then we'll see.

50 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

So current form is irrelevant to everything. Jesus man some of you actively try to hate supporting us, it's pathetic man. You literally posted as though him playing well would be a major task despite him producing in recent games. 

He had an all-time terrible finishing season last year and underperformed his expected goals like nobody else.