NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

I see Eddie hasn't jumped on my suggestion of signing Ivan Toney, unless he's just waiting for the Euro's to finish, or he just doesn't read this forum 

..........................................Worrying 

Would be great to have him link up with Tonali anyway

1 hour ago, KingArthur said:

The problem with the right footer at RW, even if he drifts inside, is that he doesn't bring a goal scoring threat from cutting in. We need a winger who likes to cut inside and let the fullback overlap, which Trippier or Tino will gladly do, and possess a decent enough left foot. after that. Bringing in a right footer will slow the play down, especially if he is not 2-footed enough.

100% agree. Round pegs and bum holes. Putting Gordon on the right is an awful idea.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

We're absolutely crying out for a bolt-from-the-blue rumour for an unexpected player that's at the end of the negotiation stages and is ready for a medical. Let it happen this week to give us something to cheer about before England shit their pants against the Swiss

:trippier: Save Gbandit

If no one else leaves then what signings will we make? RW will be obvious, but I doubt it will be mega money, perhaps £30-40m at most. Pretty much covered everywhere else now, perhaps a punt on a young ST?

31 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

fair enough, I respect your opinion and think totally differently. Although there must be some reason that no top team has right winger who is right footed? At least in the PL, if I remember correctly.

And I think those issues did pop up even with Murphy. And Murphy is not a technical player drifting to that pocket which Bruno often occupies. 

Yeah, just a difference of opinion.

The inverted wingers are definitely the tactical preference nowadays, but I still think the traditional winger can still be effective. I'm cool with whichever tbh. 

However, I'd rather have a very good right footer in that position, rather than an okay left footer just because.

11 minutes ago, Beth said:

If no one else leaves then what signings will we make? RW will be obvious, but I doubt it will be mega money, perhaps £30-40m at most. Pretty much covered everywhere else now, perhaps a punt on a young ST?

RCB?

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

However, I'd rather have a very good right footer in that position, rather than an okay left footer just because.

Agree. But given the money MGW would cost, I would say we would get an efficient left footer. But really the biggest thing is that he can contribute goals+assists, that is something Almiron hasnt't been doing except for one patch.

If we moved on Wilson and Almiron and then brought in MGW and Mbuemo (or two players that fit those moulds) I'd feel really good about us going into next season.

Isak, Gordon, MGW, Barnes and Mbuemo is a really good quintet to fill the front three spots while giving us depth and options off the bench. Lots of versatility there too. Murphy as the sixth man of the front options.

Would also give us the option of going 4-2-3-1 with MGW in the hole.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

We're absolutely crying out for a bolt-from-the-blue rumour for an unexpected player that's at the end of the negotiation stages and is ready for a medical. Let it happen this week to give us something to cheer about before England shit their pants against the Swiss

Mark Douglas claimed we could have a "surprise" July signing, similar to big Sandro.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Can't see it when we have two CBs coming back from injury at the end of the year. Schar/Burn/Kelly/Krafth should hopefully be sufficient till then.

One of whom is unlilkely to play for us again.  I think we will almost cvrtainly see another defender brought in

5 hours ago, STM said:

Mental that people don't rate MGW, he's absolutely class. 

There's nothing not to like, big, strong, quick, good feet, big game player, leadership, versatile and he's got so much more to give.

He’s decent, he raises the floor but he’s nowhere near the ceiling.

Also gonna be expensive for what he is. If we sign him great, an improvement on Elliot, but there will be much better prospects and value out there.

9 minutes ago, Beth said:

Can't see it when we have two CBs coming back from injury at the end of the year. Schar/Burn/Kelly/Krafth should hopefully be sufficient till then.

I think it’s pretty certain and well documented that we want another centre half 

Aye, RCB seems a certainty.

We were very clearly keen on Tosin.

RW

RCB

Versatile Forward

GK

Reckon that's the list of where we're trying to bring in impact players in order. I'd personally put the versatile forward second on the list but I think it's third for the club.

I reckon we might punt on the GK situation until next year.

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

He’s decent, he raises the floor but he’s nowhere near the ceiling.

Also gonna be expensive for what he is. If we sign him great, an improvement on Elliot, but there will be much better prospects and value out there.

Agree on value, but he has a very high ceiling if he realises his potential.

49 minutes ago, Beth said:

We are in BIG trouble if Schar gets injured. A must really.

We have to get a new CB. We can’t go half the season with essentially just Schar, Burn and Kelly as out and out CB’s. If any of them gets injured then we’re left with two CB’s (and Krafth to fill in). 

Schar will be 33 this year. Burn is 32. Kelly has previous injury woes. It’d be incredibly naive not to get more CB’s in.