Tino Livramento

Yorkie

It’s like someone said, think it was yorkie, with expectations and everything, we were always going to be happy just knowing the direction we’re going in however long it takes, realistically at the time potentially over a 4/5 year period, but! For what’s been achieved already and given the signings we’re making and knowing how they’ll be coached to bring the very best out of them whilst suiting our style of play, who knows what we might achieve this season or next. It’s moving very quickly and clearly we’ve learned from mistakes made by other clubs *cough city* *cough chelsea* and we’re on a quicker route to success. 

Honestly is blowing my mind thinking of the season ahead with how we line-up and the squad we’ll have in depth.

Hello guys new user here. Ottoman by name, hope y'all doing good. Been looking for Newcastle forum to discuss about this precious club with toon bros, then found this incredible site. I hope we will all get along well and share good memories. Thank you all

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

As was his NUFC equivalent Aaron Hughes

They were playing Best of You by Foo Fighters at Ibrox the other day and it reminded me of either Interpolic or Kid Icarus saying they used to sing "are we getting the best, the best, the best of Aaron Huuughes"

Honestly I am not fully happy with all our signings so far coz I feel we could've done better. I might not be right but I will share my reasons and will be looking forward to your thoughts on my reasons. I will speak on the respective thread of all our signings so far. Now on this on for livrmento...

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

They were playing Best of You by Foo Fighters at Ibrox the other day and it reminded me of either Interpolic or Kid Icarus saying they used to sing "are we getting the best, the best, the best of Aaron Huuughes"

:) They sang that at the match? Or to themselves at work or in the shower? Not sure what scenario would be funnier. Probably the former as I can imagine nobody would join in

5 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Hello guys new user here. Ottoman by name, hope y'all doing good. Been looking for Newcastle forum to discuss about this precious club with toon bros, then found this incredible site. I hope we will all get along well and share good memories. Thank you all

One of the more underrated Empires. 

1 minute ago, Ottoman said:

Honestly I am not fully happy with all our signings so far coz I feel we could've done better. I might not be right but I will share my reasons and will be looking forward to your thoughts on my reasons. I will speak on the respective thread of all our signings so far. Now on this on for livrmento...

?

can’t wait. 

29 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

It’s like someone said, think it was yorkie, with expectations and everything, we were always going to be happy just knowing the direction we’re going in however long it takes, realistically at the time potentially over a 4/5 year period, but! For what’s been achieved already and given the signings we’re making and knowing how they’ll be coached to bring the very best out of them whilst suiting our style of play, who knows what we might achieve this season or next. It’s moving very quickly and clearly we’ve learned from mistakes made by other clubs *cough city* *cough chelsea* and we’re on a quicker route to success. 

Honestly is blowing my mind thinking of the season ahead with how we line-up and the squad we’ll have in depth.

I'm excited but I think it's going to be very competitive next season. Chelsea will be back, Liverpool are making excellent signings, Spurs I think will be about the same or regress but I think Villa will be in the mix for top 4. Arsenal could do anything and I expect Man United to do well and obviously Man City but they've sold some great players.

3 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

GrouchyTintedBluetickcoonhound-max-1mb.g

9 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Ahhh great 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The football forum backlash to this transfer window if we don’t have a top 6 season is going to be something to behold 

It’s my big worry for this coming season. Last year was unbelievable and beyond most expectations. Even the club say they didn’t expect it. This year, although it’s still obviously possible, to repeat it and finish in the CL spots will be an even bigger achievement for me. But I know a lot of fans will perceive a lower league position as a failure and the inevitable moaning and bitching will be loud. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It’s my big worry for this coming season. Last year was unbelievable and beyond most expectations. Even the club say they didn’t expect it. This year, although it’s still obviously possible, to repeat it and finish in the CL spots will be an even bigger achievement for me. But I know a lot of fans will perceive a lower league position as a failure and the inevitable moaning and bitching will be loud. 

I’ve already had enough of it and it’s not even started yet :lol:

1 minute ago, LV said:

I’ve already had enough of it and it’s not even started yet :lol:

Likewise. You can see it creeping in already- we haven’t spent enough, we’ve bought/sold the wrong players, the club should be doing blah blah blah… ?‍♂️?

16 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'm excited but I think it's going to be very competitive next season. Chelsea will be back, Liverpool are making excellent signings, Spurs I think will be about the same or regress but I think Villa will be in the mix for top 4. Arsenal could do anything and I expect Man United to do well and obviously Man City but they've sold some great players.

but that’s something else I look forward too. The competitiveness in amongst those teams with definite improvements like our own. It’s a team game at the end of the day and how they’re managed to succeed. Eddie Howe has shown that in one season. I’m not saying we’re gonna win this and that, but that we’ll be in amongst it, again, competing with the best. 
I think the premiership just gets better each season - like you say even with those fringe teams who aren’t far off, villa, Brighton, chelsea back there no doubt.