Tino Livramento

Yorkie

15 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It’s my big worry for this coming season. Last year was unbelievable and beyond most expectations. Even the club say they didn’t expect it. This year, although it’s still obviously possible, to repeat it and finish in the CL spots will be an even bigger achievement for me. But I know a lot of fans will perceive a lower league position as a failure and the inevitable moaning and bitching will be loud. 

Will give up on supporters like that mind. If we're completely shite then fair enough, but as long we're still showing signs that we're building and a few signings next summer will push us on again, I'd take top 7. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will give up on supporters like that mind. If we're completely shite then as long we're still showing signs that we're building and a few signings next summer will push us on again, I'd take top 7. 

Yep. It’s a project and it seems like they have a long term plan. Progress is not often linear and there could be some ups and downs on the way. I’ve accepted that already and am ecstatic about the direction we are already headed. 

Signing livramento for £30m is not the best option esp given the fee. We could've done better with frimpong from leverkusen. Rumours had it that he is valued at 40m euros, a price tag slightly above the reported fee for livramento, besides frimpong is very much better and proven even on global level (has played ucl and el). He had an incredible 9g and 11 assists in all competitions last season from RB. only a year older than livramento. Can't say much but there is a lot about him. You guys can check him out yourselves. Besides given trippier's age and the crucial role he plays, we will need a ready made backup for him, one that can replace with very little drop in quality. And I don't think livramento can offer this given the fact that he is coming from and acl injury( an unrecoverable injury) and only had 1 season at top flight level

4 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Signing livramento for £30m is not the best option esp given the fee. We could've done better with frimpong from leverkusen. Rumours had it that he is valued at 40m euros, a price tag slightly above the reported fee for livramento, besides frimpong is very much better and proven even on global level (has played ucl and el). He had an incredible 9g and 11 assists in all competitions last season from RB. only a year older than livramento. Can't say much but there is a lot about him. You guys can check him out yourselves. Besides given trippier's age and the crucial role he plays, we will need a ready made backup for him, one that can replace with very little drop in quality. And I don't think livramento can offer this given the fact that he is coming from and acl injury( an unrecoverable injury) and only had 1 season at top flight level

Most ACL injuries haven't been unrecoverable for 20 years.

7 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

worrying 

3 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Of course players recover from ACL injuries (e.g. Shearer, van Dijk, van Nistelrooy, Xavi, Robert Pires……)

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Most ACL injuries haven't been unrecoverable for 20 years.

Reminds me- I saw Richard Steadman died this year. He was THE go-to for all sporting ACL injuries back in the day, wasn’t he- every fucker was flying over to the US for him to treat them.

I got my ACL surgery in 1998. By 2000, I was near top speed and my lateral quickness was back. I wasn't an elite level short distance runner, but was fairly quick back in the day. Obviously not a professional athlete, but my doctor at the time expected me to make a full recovery. That was a quarter of a century ago.

39 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The football forum backlash to this transfer window if we don’t have a top 6 season is going to be something to behold 

Unfortunately it’ll be 7th or 8th this season.

Nothing wrong with that given we’re way ahead of schedule in terms of revenue after this season champions league qualification.

19 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Nothing wrong with that given we’re way ahead of schedule in terms of revenue after this season champions league qualification.

Fack orf. 

45 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Not sure Frimpong would come here and be second choice for a season or two. Good player. Think Livramento showed enough in his first season that he will make the step up. Will only get better under Trippier and with less pressure straight away. Big talent.

28 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Quite feasible. It's going to be a long season but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

Us, Spurs and Manure are certainly going to be the most threatened to keep this year's standing. A much strengthen Liverpool without major European distractions, more so a hugely talents Chelsea squad, that surely Poch can get something out of, will be pushing along with Villa and Brighton again. Arsenal are stronger and Man City are still incredible. Dark horses beyond Brighton and Villa are West Ham. That's probably doing the likes of Brentford and Fulham a disservice too.

Good thing Eddie and the boys like a challenge.

51 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

[emoji38]

54 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Do Bruno next 

Just now, Matt1892 said:

If we can sign Hall, another CB and a high level right forward (presuming Barnes and Livramento are done) then I think we have an outside chance of winning the league.

Was gonna just reply with [emoji38] but we, or rather Howe, has exceeded expectations by a mile in each of his 2 seasons so far so stranger things have happened.