Tino Livramento

Yorkie

18 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

They have no shame like

This would explain the change in the ITK messages - one minute a done deal, the next a mile apart. 

As I've said before, the ownership structure at Southampton is a bit unclear. They guy with the money is running things indirectly through an Investment firm. Not great for decision-making. Things have gone a bit Pete Tong for them since he took over.

RE Aarons:

Most notably, Aarons was linked with a move to Bayern Munich by Sky Sports in 2021, while he has also been courted by Arsenal and Manchester United according to The Sun in 2022.

During his 44 Championship starts last season, Carrow Road’s academy graduate, dubbed “outstanding” by former teammate Jon Newsome, established himself as David Wagner’s both third defensive and offensive best-performing player, showcasing why he is finally ready for a permanent Premier League berth elsewhere.

The 23-year-old made a total of 84 tackles last season which was more than any other member of his squad, via FBRef, alongside averaging 1.4 clearances per second-tier game, but he was also a threat going forward.

Aarons also ranked in the 99th percentile for progressive carries and successfully completed 75% of dribbles last term [SofaScore], highlighting his incredible dribbling qualities when taking on his marker and when making it into the opposition’s box or final third, he whipped an astonishing 102 crosses into the area which was the second-highest number in the squad.

Also part of the England U21 team to win the Euros...sure they didn't concede, might be making that up.

He certainly isn't shit.

It'l seems pretty obvious at this point he's one of our main targets and the player wants the move.

There will be lots of "edging closer" and tedious non-updates over the next couple of days, but given the state of play, I'll be shocked if it doesn't get done.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'l seems pretty obvious at this point he's one of our main targets and the player wants the move.

There will be lots of "edging closer" and tedious non-updates over the next couple of days, but given the state of play, I'll be shocked if it doesn't get done.

Hope your right but seen this before so many times and our owners seem to just walk away and move on unless it’s a purple player. They have shown more grit with barnes though so who knows.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Hope your right but seen this before so many times and our owners seem to just walk away and move on unless it’s a purple player. They have shown more grit with barnes though so who knows.

We've had drawn out transfers with Botman, Gordon and Barnes now to be fair. The Ekitike and Maddison non-deals too.

Sky Sports are now reporting that Southampton have turned down the latest Newcastle United bid.

The third  offer was understood to be around the £30m mark, plus future add-ons.

Sky Sports though saying that their information is that Southampton are trying to hold out for £40m, having knocked back this £30m NUFC bid.

If Southampton are gunning for the Newcastle tax or Saudi tax or whatever you want to call it, I've no objection whatsoever to us telling them to take a hike. It sounds like we've made a very reasonable offer, to a team with little leverage, for a young player with possible fitness doubts. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If Southampton are gunning for the Newcastle tax or Saudi tax or whatever you want to call it, I've no objection whatsoever to us telling them to take a hike. It sounds like we've made a very reasonable offer, to a team with little leverage, for a young player with possible fitness doubts. 

I think the issue is how shit the deal is for Southampton due to Chelsea's cut. They really won't have all that much to reinvest from £30m, assuming a chunk of that is based on clauses being hit too.  

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think the issue is how shit the deal is for Southampton due to Chelsea's cut. They really won't have all that much to reinvest from £30m, assuming a chunk of that is based on clauses being hit too.  

Sucks American Housewife GIF by ABC Network

I reckon there's a pretty good chance they'd rather shift KWP instead. Be on higher wages and older, more likely to be pushing for a PL move. It's probably one of the main reasons they're resistant to a sale.

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

That's fair enough I guess but still, from our point of view, "that's your problem." Try not getting relegated next time, lads. :bigi: