Tino Livramento

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Fuckin hate when posters reply to other posters with 'i would rather let Howe and Ashworth decide what to do than you'. God forbid fans on a fan forum have an opinion.

Would rather read that than whatever this other shite is, mind.

3 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Fuckin hate when posters reply to other posters with 'i would rather let Howe and Ashworth decide what to do than you'. God forbid fans on a fan forum have an opinion.

Opinion is all well and good, but stating the club is simply wrong or doing things incorrectly (like selling ‘world class’ ASM) takes it beyond that. They clearly weigh up all decisions taken using far more data, experience, skills and knowledge than all of us combined. 

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Opinion is all well and good, but stating the club is simply wrong or doing things incorrectly (like selling ‘world class’ ASM) takes it beyond that. They clearly weigh up all decisions taken using far more data, experience, skills and knowledge than all of us combined. 

Why make transfer threads then before someone signs or leaves. If fans arent allowed to express their criticism of a decision, rightly or wrongly, then whats the point of a fan forum. 

8 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Why make transfer threads then before someone signs or leaves. If fans arent allowed to express their criticism of a decision, rightly or wrongly, then whats the point of a fan forum. 

Agreed. Threads should be banned until player is confirmed, I’ve been saying this for a while now

8 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

As I’ve said, opinions are all well and good. Some posters take things either to extremes or just cross the line a little. Seems fairly common sense, but maybe that’s where I’m going wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

If fans arent allowed to express their criticism of a decision, rightly or wrongly, then whats the point of a fan forum. 

Everyone is free to express their opinion, they are also free to not get offended if other posters don't agree with their opinion.

It's not difficult to acknowledge or agree that the club do have a lot more data to work with and actually know what the big picture is when making their decisions.

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

As I’ve said, opinions are all well and good. Some posters take things either to extremes or just cross the line a little. Seems fairly common sense, but maybe that’s where I’m going wrong. 

Look. Everyone is entitled to my opinion. 

27 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Lush lasses?

35 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

It's not difficult to acknowledge or agree that the club do have a lot more data to work with and actually know what the big picture is when making their decisions.

So does every club. But every year, some clubs still get things wrong.

Edit: I should add I'm not saying the club are wrong here, not at all. Just the 'they know more than us' argument is fairly thin. They've always known more than us, but we've just endured 14 years of constant fuckups. 

Edited by Chris_R

53 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

There’s a difference between sharing opinions on players and who we might sign and staring pretty categorically that the club is making the wrong move. I enjoy coming on here and reading others opinions on players and nufc topics, a forum is pretty pointless otherwise. But regarding transfers when someone states E.g “that’s a terrible move because of x,y,z, why aren’t we signing this player?” I don’t really get that as the club will have far more insight anyway.

just my opinion obviously?

11 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

So does every club. But every year, some clubs still get things wrong.

Edit: I should add I'm not saying the club are wrong here, not at all. Just the 'they know more than us' argument is fairly thin. They've always known more than us, but we've just endured 14 years of constant fuckups. 

Any one, and any club, can and will make a mistake, but with the amount of professionalism, determination, experience and dare I say it, money, behind the club right now it’s a world apart from the last 14 years of Ashley, Charnley, Bruce and the famous fax machine. When the present regime make a mistake, I’m sure they’ll be the first to try and rectify it. Some people have to let go of the past (including letting go of some players who were great for us one or two seasons ago), look forward to what the future holds and have some faith and confidence that the club know what they’re doing, at long last. 

Making a confirmed bid on a player is a good reason to make a thread, as it shows intent and its not just gossip. 

Making three confirmed bids on a player therefore is definitely a good reason to make a thread. 

I agree the ‘well the club is run by professionals so shut the fuck up’ style posts are weak and annoying.  

The ‘I trust the club and its decisions’ lane is fine and valid. But it’s annoying when used to silence others.  

The club WILL get transfers wrong. Eventually it might get a manager wrong too.  They are not above question or scepticism. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I agree the ‘well the club is run by professionals so shut the fuck up’ style posts are weak and annoying.  

The ‘I trust the club and its decisions’ lane is fine and valid. But it’s annoying when used to silence others.  

The club WILL get transfers wrong. Eventually it might get a manager wrong too.  They are not above question or scepticism. 

Obviously. But to say the clubs actions are wrong before a transfer out has occurred or a replacement signed (let alone integrated and played), as has happened with ASM is just wrong, imo. The proof on the success will be after the decisions have been taken, not before. 

You sell a popular player on FM you’ll get a message saying fans are angry and upset at the direction of the club. It’s typical fandom.  

It’s fine to *think* it won’t work. As you say time will tell.  

I’ve stated multiple times I’ve never rated Gordon based on what I’ve seen and most meaningful statistics. But I’ve never said ‘he’s going to be a failure and this is an awful transfer’. I’ve said I hope he succeeds, he does have some great attributes that he can develop. But I’ll still get multiple messages in that vain above. 

The reason some of these heated debates start is because there are some people who seem to think their opinion, rather than just being just that an opinion, are somehow more knowledgeable than professional scouting and medical teams employed by multi-million pound companies. Given that, it is it any wonder that people who don’t share those opinions occasionally think it’s a bit much?

47 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Spot on ??

28 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

The reason some of these heated debates start is because there are some people who seem to think their opinion, rather than just being just that an opinion, are somehow more knowledgeable than professional scouting and medical teams employed by multi-million pound companies. Given that, it is it any wonder that people who don’t share those opinions occasionally think it’s a bit much?

Exactly this ?

29 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Spot on :thup: :thup:

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Where I agree with this, it’s more the people that only ever seem to post negatively, only chirp up to say something is wrong or they constantly don’t agree with what is happening that I find more weak and annoying.

Nobody is saying the club are not above question, but some folks just thrive on negativity in every post/thread, to the point it’s just background noise.

Can see us walking away and returning late in the window if Southampton aren't approaching what we want. Clear the player wants to come and we don't desperately need him to start the season. We can move on elsewhere and hope to get a better deal late in the window.

Hope it's closer than some people have been reporting and we get him in this week though.