Harvey Barnes

khay

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Why do we care about that fraud

Always thought he was pretty well versed to be honest, plus he's a Leicester fan so you'd imagine he'd be all over this.

Still not convinced this is happening.

Edited by Thumbheed

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Amazed at the lukewarm response here.

I'd rather sign Barnes than Maddison, he's absolutely one of those players waiting for a good manager to happen for him.

Completely agree, more upside. Less of a flair player but he’s got a really simple game and he’s a natural goalscorer. He’s perfect for Howe 

He likes a nutmeg. Very direct. Some excellent strikes and goals. Think he offers something very different from the left to what we have. Still want something for the right side of quality though.

Edited by hakka

agree. To get where city are, you need players to be ruthless and clinical. Barnes does that, he’s direct, and scores goals. Fee is not extortionate, either. 

Edited by Toon88

You do get the feeling with Maxi (if there is any truth in us signing Barnes) that there’s a strong chance he would leave knowing we have Gordon, Willock and Joelinton covering that area.

Bottom line is Maxi has been outstanding for us. Yes there have been times certain parts of his game have let him down and ultimately this would be the reason why we’re strengthening that area for the long term. His stats don’t lie and he is really appreciated for what he’s done on and off the pitch. I guess only time will tell what will happen. Personally I’d love to see him playing champions league football for us after everything he’s done and what he’s capable of. 

I love what a bunch of bargain hunting fucks we are domestically. :lol:

Going after Gordon when he was getting hassled by Everton fans. Getting Pope from a relegated team, maybe Barnes now too.

All players that would have gone for a fair bit more had their circumstances been less favourable for us.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Completely agree, more upside. Less of a flair player but he’s got a really simple game and he’s a natural goalscorer. He’s perfect for Howe 

Someone mentioned above he's almost the exact opposite to ASM. He won't entertain with tricks and turns, and at times you'll pull your hair out when he seems to go missing, but then he'll get the equaliser or winner against run of play. He's just very effective at what he does. No doubt that EH knows his strengths and can work on his weaknesses.  He reminds me a bit of Arjen Robben - you know every time which way he'll turn the defender, but he delivers.  Plenty of Leicester fans weren't totally keen on him mind, despite being a local lad.

I wonder what Howe’s plans for Gordon are, is he going to see him as an attacking midfielder? Play him on the right? That’s one of the biggest mysteries going into this season 

2 minutes ago, foxghost said:

Someone mentioned above he's almost the exact opposite to ASM. He won't entertain with tricks and turns, and at times you'll pull your hair out when he seems to go missing, but then he'll get the equaliser or winner against run of play. He's just very effective at what he does. No doubt that EH knows his strengths and can work on his weaknesses.  He reminds me a bit of Arjen Robben - you know every time which way he'll turn the defender, but he delivers.  Plenty of Leicester fans weren't totally keen on him mind, despite being a local lad.

Arjen Robben was a man excellent dribbler and could roast his man. Wor Barnes cannot. 

15 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Wondering what this does to Isak if Wilson starts or if Wilson just fully becomes a bench player this season?

We’re gonna rotate pretty heavily by the sounds of it. Howe said he wants two equally strong Elevens this season to compete in all the competitions we are in. Obvs some players will be in both of those Elevens but I can see Wilson and Isak rotating in the striker role. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s a no-brainer if the price is £35m. Might be more exciting signings out there but for that money it has to be a good addition. Almost no risk. 

It’s mad that £35m is what I still think should be a £6-7m transfer. Desperately need to recalibrate my transfer senses.

As you say, even if he’s subpar or it doesn’t work out for whatever reason, he’s easily moved on as per Gordon due to his profile.