Harvey Barnes

khay

2 hours ago, 80 said:

Not wanting to pick a fight on Barnes, especially today. But focusing on his goal numbers as being outright justification for playing him is the same argument for having Kevin Nolan in the team. There's more to it than that. And I say that as a fan of Nolan's back in the day.

And as I say, credit it to him, he gave us a good deal more than just an assist today.

It’s a fair point to be honest - scoring goals or creating them isn’t important in the grand scheme of things - /s.

I don’t think they mentioned it on the comms or showed the replay from a right angle but after he flashed that chance wide of the post there was a tiny shot of Isak absolutely fizzing he didn’t play him in. Would have to see it back properly and tbf 99% of players are shooting there particularly when you’ve got the finishing record to back it up like Barnes has.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

I don’t think they mentioned it on the comms or showed the replay from a right angle but after he flashed that chance wide of the post there was a tiny shot of Isak absolutely fizzing he didn’t play him in. Would have to see it back properly and tbf 99% of players are shooting there particularly when you’ve got the finishing record to back it up like Barnes has.

Isak takes that shot in the same position.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Saw it, Isak had a thrash about 

In that moment it was when Barnes collected the ball, Isak was far post wiiidddeeee open but Barnes took the touch and then a shot. 

I agree you take the shot if you’re Barnes but it was almost 100% a goal if he had seen Isak far post calling for it. 

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Mentioned it in the match thread, Barnes gets his head down and pulls the trigger - which is fair enough tbh, he was in and clear and not a horrendous mistake.... But if he lifts his head and squares it then it's a tap in for Isak. Not a biggy but them's the breaks sometimes 

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Isak takes that shot in the same position.

100% and I’m not having a go as he made a difference when he came on. Same as midds says above, he goes into automatic mode and tbf he wasn’t too far away but it probably at the same time shows why he’s not absolute top level. 

I’m nitpicking tbh, far bigger concerns to take from today.

Just now, Disco said:

100% and I’m not having a go as he made a difference when he came on. Same as midds says above, he goes into automatic mode and tbf he wasn’t too far away but it probably at the same time shows why he’s not absolute top level. 

I’m nitpicking tbh, far bigger concerns to take from today.

Big week for us. Hope we sign at least 2. CB & RW. We need those positions. Lets see how we are after Friday night.

Isak often gets pissed off when he doesn’t get played in or the weight of pass was wrong etc. He’s just desperate for the ball in those positions and I don’t mind it really as it’s not like he’s a dickhead, he’s just extremely competitive

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Isak often gets pissed off when he doesn’t get played in or the weight of pass was wrong etc. He’s just desperate for the ball in those positions and I don’t mind it really as it’s not like he’s a dickhead, he’s just extremely competitive

It's a great trait. Playing catch up to Haarland already. He'll be fuming [emoji38]

I’m pretty sure from the replay Isak was massively offside for that chance too, and Gordon at the back post wanted it but he was never getting it with the amount of defenders in between him and barnes

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Weird Ando and Razor are on this but not the short highlights. Hard dislike.

Or the extended ones. Don't get it.

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

He's also way ahead 95% of the team in ability.  Must be very frustrating.

4 hours ago, Disco said:

Both Isak and Gordon, but Gordon knows he would 100% have cut and shot also.

58 minutes ago, Pata said:

Thought he was really good today.

He genuinely took his role by the scruff. Which is what deserves a start.