Harvey Barnes

khay

2 hours ago, 54 said:

That one against Sheffield United... Ooooppphhhh

I was trying to explain recently that he is so good because he has the curled finish but he also has the laces thumper like this Sheffield United one. Seen him hit it like that with his left too.

That one is for all the people who think he won't score goals from the right side. 

Anywhere on the pitch this guy is a goal threat, with his ball striking ability with either foot.

16 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

He has to play, but it's a bit shit we'll have to move Gordon to RW to accomodation him.

He's playing so well now that the manager has to figure out how to accommodate both of them even when Isak is fit.

It's a headache. We don't know what Gordon's attitude is towards playing on the right. Maybe he doesn't care and still feels he will produce results just as well.

If he's not keen though I wouldn't blame him either, as he's coming off a ten goal and ten assist season on the left.

Best bet if neither is up for playing on the right side full time is to have them rotate sides each half of each game perhaps.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's playing so well now that the manager has to figure out how to accommodate both of them even when Isak is fit.

It's a headache. We don't know what Gordon's attitude is towards playing on the right. Maybe he doesn't care and still feels he will produce results just as well.

If he's not keen though I wouldn't blame him either, as he's coming off a ten goal and ten assist season on the left.

Best bet if neither is up for playing on the right side full time is to have them rotate sides each half of each game perhaps.

Not sure Howe will be dictated to like that and just say aye do a half each [emoji38] Pope fancies half an hour up front as well. 

Just now, Tross said:

Not sure Howe will be dictated to like that and just say aye do a half each [emoji38] Pope fancies half an hour up front as well. 

Yeah, because we've never seen wingers rotate sides during games.

How old are you 6?

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, because we've never seen wingers rotate sides during games.

How old are you 6?

If they're not up for doing their job then Howe will tell them to do one. 

1 minute ago, Tross said:

If they're not up for doing their job then Howe will tell them to do one. 

The fact you compared wingers switching sides to Pope playing upfront makes me pity you immensely.

Your football intellect disgusts me.

Be gone simpleton!

He simply needs to find a way to make it work. We could have one of the most potent front threes in the league in Gordon, Isak and Barnes.

I'm sure both wingers would rather play on the left, but i'm also sure Barnes would rather play on the right than be benched.

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

He simply needs to find a way to make it work. We could have one of the most potent front threes in the league in Gordon, Isak and Barnes.

I'm sure both wingers would rather play on the left, but i'm also sure Barnes would rather play on the right than be benched.

Has Barnes much of a history of playing on the right?

6 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Angles 5, 7, 9 and especially 11 are pure :fwap:

If anyone ever asked "Whats the definition of a Thundercunt?". I'm going to send them that video :lol: 

20 minutes ago, madras said:

Has Barnes much of a history of playing on the right?

I think that's the main crux of the discussion really. It doesn't look like it, but he does have a decent left peg. We'd lose a lot of his cutting in potency for sure, but would he be more consistent and dangerous on the right than Murphy and Almiron? Probably

Just now, Holmesy said:

I think that's the main crux of the discussion really. It doesn't look like it, but he does have a decent left peg. We'd lose a lot of his cutting in potency for sure, but would he be more consistent and dangerous on the right than Murphy and Almiron? Probably

So why not just go with Gordon on the right as he has (probably) much more experience there ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

So why not just go with Gordon on the right as he has (probably) much more experience there ?

I'd argue the same but i think there's an element of trying to keep Gordon happy. He clearly sees himself as a LW, he's bloody brilliant there and he wants to nail down that England spot. He also has high-profile admirers elsewhere who would play him in his favoured position. 

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I'd argue the same but i think there's an element of trying to keep Gordon happy. He clearly sees himself as a LW, he's bloody brilliant there and he wants to nail down that England spot. He also has high-profile admirers elsewhere who would play him in his favoured position. 

Clearly ? How's that ? When signed much was made of his ability to play across the line, it wasn't mentioned that he was  LW who could at a push play elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Clearly ? How's that ? When signed much was made of his ability to play across the line, it wasn't mentioned that he was  LW who could at a push play elsewhere.

Maybe you're right, it could just be circumstance and history that makes it feel that way. I think it's fair to say he sees himself as a LW though, and not many players are happy playing what they consider to be 'out of position'. Who knows?! Whichever configuration works to get them into the team together, just get it done.

43 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Keith Gillespie vs Barca is what Gordon could give us on the right.

Funny you say that, I have thought that they have that same rangy body type (Gordon a couple of inches taller I’d guess) and both super quick, but can’t think of a time I’ve seen Gordon go outside and put a right wing cross in. He must be able to, strikes the ball so well with pace and accuracy. 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

The fact you compared wingers switching sides to Pope playing upfront makes me pity you immensely.

Your football intellect disgusts me.

Be gone simpleton!

Read this in the style of Dennis from Always Sunny