Harvey Barnes

khay

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Nah, that article calls out some particularly bad outcomes. But looking at this list:

“Already in 2021, bad toes have hampered Lions Pro Bowl center Frank Ragnow, Raiders running back Josh Jacobs and Bucs wideout Scotty Miller. In the past few years, turf toe has derailed star players such as A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Davante Adams, as well as running backs James Conner, Phillip Lindsayand Antonio Gibson.“

- Ragnow has played all but two games the last two seasons. 2nd team All Pro this season.

- Jacobs had the best year of his career in 2022 and had over 400 touches (that’s a lot)

- Miller isn’t very good but he’s played almost every game the last two years 

- Davante Adams is still elite at age 31

- Julio Jones made four All Pro teams after it happened to him before getting old

- James Conner has aged nicely for his position and been reasonably durable

——

It’s a bad injury for sure, but it’s unlikely to be a death sentence.

Really liking your insightful posts. :thup:

On 12/01/2024 at 23:10, Joelinton7 said:

Hearing his foot flew off and went so high it left the atmosphere. Should come back down to Earth around August somewhere in Kazakhstan. Very bad luck imo

Do we have some men standing ready with a big net or will we have to look for the toe? 

Just cos marcelinos finger was finally found in Tibet last week and he's expected to return in a few weeks 

1 minute ago, TRC said:

How can the Anderson scan be good news and still out 6 weeks? He was supposed to be back in December.

Don't think he was ever meant to be back by December like, Howe said it was a 3/4 month lay-off at the end of October/ start of November.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Don't think he was ever meant to be back by December like, Howe said it was a 3/4 month lay-off at the end of October/ start of November.

Speaking ahead of the trip to Wolves, Howe said: "The day after the Palace game he just woke up with a sore back. It didn’t really go away, so we’ve had scans and tests, and it looks like it’s going to be eight weeks.

Just now, TRC said:

Speaking ahead of the trip to Wolves, Howe said: "The day after the Palace game he just woke up with a sore back. It didn’t really go away, so we’ve had scans and tests, and it looks like it’s going to be eight weeks.

I'm not going to go back and look as quite frankly I can't be bothered, but I very much remember Howe coming out and saying it'll be around 12 weeks at some point around the start of November. Either way, the fact he's recovering well is a good thing, even if the time scale is still a little ways out. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, TRC said:

How can the Anderson scan be good news and still out 6 weeks? He was supposed to be back in December.

Id imagine it means the fairly serious stress fracture of his back is healing. I mean there are people out there who lose the ability to walk etc after an injury like this, never mind get back to playing professional football

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop
bad England

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'm not going to go back and look as quite frankly I can't be bothered, but I very much remember Howe coming out and saying it'll be around 12 weeks at some point around the start of November. Either way, the fact he's recovering well is a good thing, even if the time scale is still a little ways out. :lol: 

I just got the direct quote from you from Oct 27th.

22 minutes ago, TRC said:

I suspect with that type of injury there’s very little you can do to keep ‘fit’ whilst it heals.

So it could take him a few weeks to get back up to speed once he’s injury free.

13 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Id imagine it means the fairly serious stress fracture of his back is healing. I mean there are people out there who lose the ability to walk etc after an injury like this, never mind get back to playing professional football

Yeah it’s a really bad injury - have to get it properly healed otherwise it will go again 

On 14/01/2024 at 05:17, Sufi said:

Its one injury. Relax.

Still true though :lol: (for so far this season only).

I'm sure Barnes has been unlucky and next season will be different, but its an awful start to barely be able to play for half a season. He was supposed to be the antidote to ASM doing that to us. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

"Willock 2-3 weeks away." Despite our midfield crisis, I really hope we will be careful with him this time.. It's not good for his development to have more reoccurences, and it will be an unnecessary risk just to potensially get a couple of extra games out of an unfit Willock. The timeline for Anderson is really unfortunate in this sense, because if we are going to be careful with Willock then we would really benefit from Anderson being back quickly.

Edited by Erikse