Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

Just now, ponsaelius said:

There was large spells today where they looked really good tbh and caused us bother.

Fell apart completely after Ming's injury and fatty Tielemans coming into midfield. High line was murdered and Emery will have to change that up IMO, just too easy to exploit.

The Tielemans sub was a strange one.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They controlled the first half more than we did, we were just very clinical. They’ll have a quality season but I don’t think they’ll match the run that Emery took them on last season 

They’ll win the Conf League and it won’t matter how he does in the PL and rightly so.

Only caught the highlights on MOTD then read back through this thread from page 27:

How bad was Bruno? People seemed to be having a right go on him on here.

What a result. I was highly critical of Gordon last year, but he looked great in the highlights. Isak's finishing is incredible.

Tonali looks like a young marauding Pirlo [emoji38] Insane he plays for us. Barnes looked class.

Thought Villa had a few good chances too, but we had so many more. Incredible result. Going to be a fun year.

Bruno was fine. People are going to need to accept he’s not always going to be the beating heart of virtually everything good we do now, and that doesn’t automatically mean he’s had a shit game.

1 hour ago, LV said:

That definitely reflects every Villa fan I know. Reality check for them today/ 

I thought after the friendly that they might under perform this season if teams start to exploit their high line and insistence on playing out from the back more. 

Seems like a carbon copy of what happened with him at Arsenal. Went on a great run after he took over then teams started to exploit their high line and playing out from the back, but he just kept on playing the same way.

Edited by Jackie Broon

With Bruno it’s not that he’s playing terribly, it’s that he never used to get caught on the ball but it’s happening every game now. He is sloppier with his close passing and I think it’s a concentration thing mostly. I do think he’ll get much sharper but we were treated to an almost flawless player for months and it was probably inevitable that he couldn’t keep that up

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

Only caught the highlights on MOTD then read back through this thread from page 27:

How bad was Bruno? People seemed to be having a right go on him on here.

What a result. I was highly critical of Gordon last year, but he looked great in the highlights. Isak's finishing is incredible.

Tonali looks like a young marauding Pirlo [emoji38] Insane he plays for us. Barnes looked class.

Thought Villa had a few good chances too, but we had so many more. Incredible result. Going to be a fun year.

Bruno was not at his best but still controlled his zone, Villa went toe to toe with us and bloodied our nose early doors, Mings injury spoiled the flow. Eddie must have pumped them at halftime cos they came out and just ran Villa into the ground to the point they were praying for the final whistle.

Our class was there for all to see.

Eddie and his staff are premier league champion quality.

Villa looked like they gave up.  Emery is overrated.  Absolutely miles away from our level as a club from top to bottom.

Bailey was terrible.  Torres looked lost.  Martinez is a cheat.  Mings was unfortunate to be fair.  Spineless performance from a club I will always dislike after their bedsheet antics and delighted to give them a hiding.

Let’s face it our bench is better than their first 11.  Let’s stop overrating other teams who are miles off Eddies fucking mags.

Just now, OptimusSlime said:

Villa looked like they gave up.  Emery is overrated.  Absolutely miles away from our level as a club from top to bottom.

Bailey was terrible.  Torres looked lost.  Martinez is a cheat.  Mings was unfortunate to be fair.  Spineless performance from a club I will always dislike after their bedsheet antics and delighted to give them a hiding.

Let’s face it our bench is better than their first 11.  Let’s stop overrating other teams who are miles off Eddies fucking mags.

I say old boy, tell us how you really feel?