Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

53 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

soz man I’m half cut. @Rod where you at?

Cheers Raspberry.  You know me too well.  The adulation Dick Emery gets from OUR fans gets right on my tits.  Genius isn't he?  Actually I watched the game in a lovely Yorkshire village and a Villa fan was in the same pub.  He said the score wasn't a true reflection of the game which I agreed with.  However, if it wasn't for their goalkeeper then we could have had 7 or 8 goals.  We are going to score loads this season.

55 minutes ago, Respectfulhammer said:

Congratulations 

West Ham fan here

genuinely wishing you well for the season

Nice to see what I regard as probably the best supported team in England finally in with a shot of winning the title 

I honestly think Howe is a better manager than guardiola 

u put Howe in charge of Luton this year and they stay up

u put Guardiola in charge and they go down, blokes managed with a silver spoon don’t rate him at all

think my teams done for this year, hence why I rate you guys so highly for not letting up on Ashley, if only we’d do the same to Sullivan 

anyway 

all the best 

You too...Best London fans who visit Newcastle bar none...bit of a generalisation but the polar opposite of Chelsea fans....and by that I mean a bit craic in the pubs 

Edited by Bally21

15 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

There’s no way that Villa Watch is anything other than a spoof account, setup to get bites from Newcastle fans!

I never reply to those accounts, but my bite levels are off the charts with that stupid obsessive twat.

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

Cheers Raspberry.  You know me too well.  The adulation Dick Emery gets from OUR fans gets right on my tits.  Genius isn't he?  Actually I watched the game in a lovely Yorkshire village and a Villa fan was in the same pub.  He said the score wasn't a true reflection of the game which I agreed with.  However, if it wasn't for their goalkeeper then we could have had 7 or 8 goals.  We are going to score loads this season.

My god Rod I fucking love you. X

Just now, Skeletor said:

Pretty much the second Tielemans came on they played like a bunch of pensioners.

Just think its a little bit unfair to single out Diaby. Its was him against our whole team for a while. Then he faded and the Villa team faded.

9 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We just put the entire league on notice.

I have to say, while watching the latest Overlap, so little chatter about us and how the top 6 will shape up this year. Neville and Carra have been complimentary about us at times in the past but when it comes down to it, neither wanted to say we're top 4-6 material again. I don't know what it will take for them to take their tongues out of Chelsea's (and others) arses and give us some respect like.

In some ways, I still prefer to be under the radar but the lack of overall respect for our brilliant ENGLISH coach, sheesh, the bloke should be regarded as a national treasure. I'm rambling but you maybe get my point :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rod said:

Emery

"I offered you a chance when we could haev done something and.,...

G1w.gif

Was hilarious JT constantly getting told off by the 4th official :yao:

I've a couple of queries:

• How was Martínez not send off for his foul on Almiron?
  • Did the Ref give Tonali a yellow when he was going off? As it looked like he did and but then that would have been a second yellow?

Edited by duo

Just now, duo said:

• Did the Ref give Tonali a yellow when he was going off? As it looked like he did and but then that would have been a second yellow?

It was for Bruno asking for a card. 

1 minute ago, duo said:

bruno got booked for waving an imaginary card. Tonali got booked for taking his time walking off the pitch 

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

That was his only yellow, i think there was confusing cos Bruno's yellow looked like it was for him

It looked like Tonali got a yellow for arguing with the ref when he didn't send Martínez off