Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

Is it taking from the arm or his hip if its the arm he was a good foot offside

I believe it's any part of your body you can score with, so not your arm. But basically everything else including the top of your shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Took me 30 mins to get in like so missed the first minute or so, absolutely fucking farcical. Was quite a few people kicking off outside.

Noticed shit loads of empty seats at kick off, people not gonna be happy with that like, what went wrong?

1 minute ago, Respectfulhammer said:

Congratulations 

West Ham fan here

genuinely wishing you well for the season

Nice to see what I regard as probably the best supported team in England finally in with a shot of winning the title 

I honestly think Howe is a better manager than guardiola 

u put Howe in charge of Luton this year and they stay up

u put Guardiola in charge and they go down, blokes managed with a silver spoon don’t rate him at all

think my teams done for this year, hence why I rate you guys so highly for not letting up on Ashley, if only we’d do the same to Sullivan 

anyway 

all the best 

Nice,

happy to go under the radar though and a bit soon to challenge for the title I fancy (by which I mean come April)

Just now, Mountain said:

Trippier literally won the La Liga under Simeone and you're saying he's not a good defender.

Just seems a bit harsh that's all.

I'll explain myself in this just once.

This is the Premier League. It's more open and it's a lot faster.

He's also getting in a bit now, and has a lot of responsibility in the team going forward. And so he does get exposed defensively as he is not the quickest or strongest.

Almiron and Longstaff were key in supporting him defensively last season. Tonali will need to do a bit more of that too with him coming in on that side.

I'm really glad we bought Livramento too because he will help keep Trippier fresher as he played way too much last season.

We need to protect him as a team and also with some rotation too.