Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I said it in reference to an earlier discussion ;)

I realised. But also felt it deserved a response, to reflect that he still wins on the other discussion point as well. 

3 hours ago, Bally21 said:

You too...Best London fans who visit Newcastle bar none...bit of a generalisation but the polar opposite of Chelsea fans....and by that I mean a bit craic in the pubs 

I was in Germany a few years back for  a "friendly" tournament.  The West Ham fans were an absolute disgrace.  Just wanted a punch up basically.  There were children crying out of fear in our section.  Fecking scum!

21 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Atmosphere was shite mind today in the leazes minus first 10 mins.

Considering we won 5-1, it was terrible. Brought the Mrs up for the first time telling her she’d fall in love with the place. Before and after the game was 10/10 though.

23 minutes ago, Erikse said:

But what was his (Barnes) xA?

9.11 per 90, decent number. Made a mess of the Wilson miss, should have just shot or played the ball earlier but I can live with that.

5 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Considering we won 5-1, it was terrible. Brought the Mrs up for the first time telling her she’d fall in love with the place. Before and after the game was 10/10 though.

Not in the SC like. Was loud all game.

Edited by Heron

5 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Did you give her one lad?

20 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

:lol: Ando raging with Almiron with that hashed cross for Isak. It was a big chance missed but howay man he'd run three quarters of the pitch at full pelt, creating a chance out of nowt. 

Crikey moses the standard of football for that fourth goal mind; the three CMs combining as if they've been playing football together for years. 

14 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/premier-league-23-24-gameweek-1-aug-11-14.36346/page-26
Gooners view on our game. They love Isak so always worth a read when he scores a beaut.

Newcastle has the best tools in the league to win over City in a game I think

In fact... as of now I'd argue Newcastle play "the Liverpool way" better than Liverpool themselves

There are some top teams in Europe that won't fancy going to St James' Park

This is the sort of marker I wanted us to lay down. An absolutely impressive showing from Newcastle.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely ravenous at the thought of us up against some of this shite on Match of the Day. Feel like we'd probably beat Luton a million nil.

Oh great, jammy 1-0 home loss to Luton nailed on now :lol:

30 minutes ago, Heron said:

Not in the SC like. Was loud all game.

Tbf I think it depends where you are.

I was at the back of Leazes level 4 last year, and spent all last season whingeing about how quiet it was, even for big games like the semi final it was like a morgue.

Whereas today I've moved to the strawberry corner and it was bouncing, but my two mates in the Leazes said it was dead apart from the first 5 mins and last 5 mins.