Lockwood Cup 2023: Whites win!

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Pata said:

Been looking at the hospitality packages for the Crystal Palace game for ages now and they are getting close to sold out. It's expensive as fuck but would get free flights from KLM due to compensation from the last trip. Think I just need to pull the trigger.

I did the hospitality package too mate, was expensive as fuck but the comfort of having the tickets locked down and being able to book flights etc too good to pass up. 

If i only the club could open up single match champions league hospitality :) i would change my departure too! 

Given the confirmed squad list is 25 and counting, we're definitely looking at three teams. Last time we were up to three, it was Blues, Blacks and Whites, with the Blacks winning.

Will throw it out there if anyone wants to suggest an alternative dress code.

Will do the draw a week or two before the day. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Given the confirmed squad list is 25 and counting, we're definitely looking at three teams. Last time we were up to three, it was Blues, Blacks and Whites, with the Blacks winning.

Will throw it out there if anyone wants to suggest an alternative dress code.

Will do the draw a week or two before the day. 

Skins

Well this is looking like one of our biggest turn outs and a few new faces also. Bravo @Yorkiefor getting the word around ? 

As it stands we are looking at around 25 players and 21 for the meal! So will be booking tables before our next game.

Can players start sending their £7 to me please ASAP and use their forum name as payment reference so I know who has paid. I will let you know if I need anything up front further regards to table deposits as might be required with such a large booking.

Those who don’t have my usual bank details or need to check PM (if not in the N-O WhatsApp) me for them or for any other information ??

18 hours ago, Pata said:

I'm in for a meal at least! 

Great stuff. Look forward to some rib-tickling VAR chat. Would you be up for playing in the morning? I'd say you could run the line and get in touch with the old ways but there's no offsides in 7-a-side! 

23 minutes ago, Pata said:

Would love to play but pretty sure my only boots would be illegal. I try to see if I can acquire another pair from someone.

Trainers will suffice of any kind if not. Games are good clean fun. 

9 hours ago, Pata said:

Would love to play but pretty sure my only boots would be illegal. I try to see if I can acquire another pair from someone.

Meh, just wear them. I didn't tell you. You heard it on the grapevine. ;)

11 hours ago, Heron said:

Meh, just wear them. I didn't tell you. You heard it on the grapevine. ;)

A lot of the places with newer surfaces won't let you on if you've got trainers on. Mouldies wearers rejoice, LFEE in the mud. ;)

On 22/08/2023 at 01:17, Kanji said:

Football day is going to be bloody fun. I’ll have my wife with me, fyi. 

My wife is along for the ride as well Kanji, as are my kids, so at least your wife may have someone sensible to converse with about topics <> football ;)

You planning to go the the game at SJP as well btw? I understand it's hardly the main event what with Red vs Blue on the same day, but would be nice to show her different levels of football back to back ;)

11 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

My wife is along for the ride as well Kanji, as are my kids, so at least your wife may have someone sensible to converse with about topics <> football ;)

You planning to go the the game at SJP as well btw? I understand it's hardly the main event what with Red vs Blue on the same day, but would be nice to show her different levels of football back to back ;)

love that you’ll be there mate. I won’t be in town in time for Lockwood but ended up going hospitality route to secure our tickets for the match itself. Can’t wait to finally meet you in person mate.