Lewis Hall

Paully

4 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

Also Livramenta had a whole season at Southampton playing in the PL before Hall... Hall lacks competitive league experience so requires more time. 

Aye I'd agree with this if we were asking him to start games etc but we literally needed him to come on for less than a half of football instead of Matt Ritchie. Still think it was a bit bizzare.

6 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Aye I'd agree with this if we were asking him to start games etc but we literally needed him to come on for less than a half of football instead of Matt Ritchie. Still think it was a bit bizzare.

Yeah but if he doesn't trust him defensively which is what we needed at the chelsea game then that's quite a key match to throw him onto. Perhaps would be a bit different if we were 1-0 down and needed a goal? 

Just now, Lish007 said:

Yeah but if he doesn't trust him defensively which is what we needed at the chelsea game then that's quite a key match to throw him onto. Perhaps would be a bit different if we were 1-0 down and needed a goal? 

But we already had Livromento at left back? He just had to come on a bit further up. No way he's worse defensively than Matt Ritchie who can't run?

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

But we already had Livromento at left back? He just had to come on a bit further up. No way he's worse defensively than Matt Ritchie who can't run?

He could be worse though! Eddie's not stupid, there will be a reason. Just have to trust him.

2 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

He could be worse though! Eddie's not stupid, there will be a reason. Just have to trust him.

I do trust Eddie think he's absolutely brilliant. Doesn't mean I have to blindly agree with every single decision. I don't believe Ritchie should be getting any minute's for us.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Looked nowt like ready. Eddie was right. 

Didn't he have a great game against us last season for Chelsea? I think that might have been one of the reasons we were prepared to spend big on him.

Just now, TRon said:

Didn't he have a great game against us last season for Chelsea? I think that might have been one of the reasons we were prepared to spend big on him.

One swallow does not a summer make my friend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously everything hangs on the long term for Hall but this first half of the season has been a bust. I find it hard to believe that they expected him to play so rarely. Really hope he develops as I like his game a lot, he’s got great pace, very positive running, lovely technique. Don’t really know what his defending is like as we’ve seen him so few times but it hasn’t looked bad, just looks inexperienced 

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Obviously everything hangs on the long term for Hall but this first half of the season has been a bust. I find it hard to believe that they expected him to play so rarely. Really hope he develops as I like his game a lot, he’s got great pace, very positive running, lovely technique. Don’t really know what his defending is like as we’ve seen him so few times but it hasn’t looked bad, just looks inexperienced 

He definitely doesn’t have great pace

7 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

He definitely doesn’t have great pace

Really? I’ve seen him driving forward with the ball at pace before. Not sure what his sprint pace is like though 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Really? I’ve seen him driving forward with the ball at pace before. Not sure what his sprint pace is like though 

Nope seen him a few times and that’s one of my worries. Technically he’s very good though.

Playing with zero confidence it looks like. Scared to misplace a pass etc. Not what you want for a young player. You want them to be confident and daring to try things others might not. Feel sorry for him. Just hasn't worked so far. Do feel Eddie has picked the wrong moments to use him/not use him. 

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Was he meant to come in ahead of Burn and Targett? I thought we might sell Targett or loan him out. Keeping all 3 I didn’t expect him to get much time. 

Ive not seen a lot of pace tbf. 

Edited by The College Dropout