Lewis Hall

Paully

Ronson already shut me down on the pace. I was talking about his ability to drive forward with the ball at pace which I think is strong. Ronson mentioned that his actual sprint pace is not great though 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

He looks a technical CM to me.  Lovely weight of passing. 

Was just about to post asking if anyone else thought he might be more of a CM down the line.

15 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Think he prefers that role 

He was being deployed in midfield a lot at Chelsea wasn't he?

I'd be interested to see if he could do one of those hybrid LB/DM type positions. Letting someone like Willock release in front of him and then he slots into LCM area instead of rushing out wide to hug the touchline like more traditional full backs usually do.

3 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

He definitely doesn’t have great pace

I agree. My initial concern about him was this and also (but less so) his strength and height.

He’s quite quick with the ball but not much quicker without it seems.

Surprised again not to see him. Don't know what the issue but there definitely is one. If he can't come on for 20 mins when we're 0-2 up against a mid table Champ side he's place in the squad seems purely ornamental. 

Leave him out of the squad and put Alex Murphy in his place. Something!

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Depends if he's good enough to play a part in the coming seasons too.

Well it would be quite the jump if he’s a regular next season. Considering that he  hasn’t got any game time at all barely. Despite our crisis. 

Personally I’d rather see us go for a proper 1st choice LB for the money. He might prove to be class next season. Really hope so if we plan to spend 30m on him in the summer. 

This was the right game for Burn and it was token minutes at the end so I don’t care. I would like to see him get some proper minutes soon though, as much for his development as anything else. Would be good to see him start in the next round

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Surprised again not to see him. Don't know what the issue but there definitely is one. If he can't come on for 20 mins when we're 0-2 up against a mid table Champ side he's place in the squad seems purely ornamental. 

Leave him out of the squad and put Alex Murphy in his place. Something!

We only made one sub until the 92nd minute tbf. Howe was desperate to win. Livramento played a minute. I wouldn’t read too much into it. 

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

We only made one sub until the 92nd minute tbf. Howe was desperate to win. Livramento played a minute. I wouldn’t read too much into it. 

That’s my read on it. Weeks recovery to City, time on the training pitches, might see more of him now particularly if we get a kinder draw Monday evening (Maidstone at home).

I still think he's going to finish this season strongly, or at least much better than we've seen to date. Howe has mentioned a few times that we've simply not had training time as a squad - that isn't conducive to a good environment for a young player learning a new position/system and fully explains the lack of trust, so far. 

I don’t know why we don’t mould him in to the defensive midfielder we are crying out for.

He played centre midfield until he broke in to Chelsea’s first team and has also played as a centre back, he has some great distribution on the ball so no reason why he shouldn’t be able to.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Thought he looked lively when he came on. Could have done with him on earlier 

When Isak is out of gas by 60 mins there is no reason we don’t get him on for a bit on the wing earlier. Hopefully we see it more if we don’t get any bodies back soon. 

I do wonder what our plan is for this lad? I assumed we brought him in to play left back but he recently he hasn’t been playing lb at all. 

I do reckon we are having buyers remorse mind :lol:

Burn looked at the sideline when sub was done hoping it was him as he looked dead tired lol

to keep up with walker runs, bit of Bernardo moving to right then Foden / KDB too took up some right wind positions...

overall not sure either if we will make it permanent with Hall. sounded like a must buy option built into the loan but maybe only triggered if he plays X amount of games for us which he may not as he did not start many games so far and dont expect him to be either.

Don't think it's a coincidence that he's starting to get more minutes as the schedule has begun to ease and the squad is getting more time to train. He'll start to feature more prominently moving forwards, I think.