Lewis Hall

Paully

9 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Yes yes and Livromento is a full back but has filled In further up the pitch in emergency situations.

And Livramento is 2 years older and has two seasons of first team football under his belt. They aren't the same player.

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

And Livramento is 2 years older and has two seasons of first team football under his belt. They aren't the same player.

Aye we're talking as opposed to Matt Ritchie who struggles to jog let alone run. He couldn't even track his man.

Edited by WideopenMag

Christ almighty if he's good enough for the bench then surely he's good enough to use anywhere on the pitch as long as he's fit. This he's young he's for the future malarkey is ridiculous like we need him now and some proper subs from the u21s not three keepers and the kit man taking up spaces. 

On the face of it, his lack of game time is odd, but I can't say I'm particularly concerned about it.

We can only guess as to why Howe doesn't fancy him at the moment, but he wouldn't be the first player to struggle to grasp what Howe wants from him and he won't be the last.

The obligation to buy sounds a formality, but if for some reason it isn't activated, it just means he's not the right player for us and we move on. Personally I think we'll see a lot more from him as he grows and develops with the squad.

What I don't understand is the fact that he came through the youth set up as a midfielder and it was Lampard who used him as a full back and Eddie is doing the same. He should be more than capable of coming on for 20 minutes in either position

1 hour ago, WideopenMag said:

Yes yes and Livromento is a full back but has filled In further up the pitch in emergency situations.

So Howe sees that Livramento can sometimes play higher up, but Hall is just a left back. Most likely he will be starter for us for a long time, but not as a 19yo.

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

So Howe sees that Livramento can sometimes play higher up, but Hall is just a left back. Most likely he will be starter for us for a long time, but not as a 19yo.

We're talking about coming on instead of Matt Ritchie, Hall has played in midfield for Chelsea so that isn't accurate. 

Just now, WideopenMag said:

We're talking about coming on instead of Matt Ritchie, Hall has played in midfield for Chelsea so that isn't accurate. 

I don't care were he has played for at Chelsea. Howe said that he is a left back and seems like he will not be trusted to play anywhere else at the moment in Howe's system. He started in midfield against ManU but switched to LB rightaway and did well.

Matt Ritchie is an experienced player, so when defending a cup quarterfinal lead I understand the reason to bring him on. I don't say I agree with it.

Just now, KingArthur said:

I don't care were he has played for at Chelsea. Howe said that he is a left back and seems like he will not be trusted to play anywhere else at the moment in Howe's system. He started in midfield against ManU but switched to LB rightaway and did well.

Matt Ritchie is an experienced player, so when defending a cup quarterfinal lead I understand the reason to bring him on. I don't say I agree with it.

Matt Ritchie is finished he can't even jog never mind run his tracking back was beyond a joke. Are you suggesting Hall would have been worse defensively? 

Was there something in his performance at old trafford to suggest that he cant play when we need him? Or even have some minutes when we are completely out of energy? (Same goes for Dummett tbh)I remember he was pretty decent in that game and scored a nice goal. Or did something happen at Dortmund?

On Lewis Hall and Tino Livramento:
"I thought they both played really, really well. They both showed their qualities.

"Lewis was composed on the ball under pressure and played some lovely passes in the first half, capped off with his goal that was an unbelievable strike.
"Tino’s standout was the assist for the (first) goal but his all-round performance again was of the highest level. They’re two outstanding prospects for us.

"They were signed to push the group and help our squad. To help our team you need good players and they are both very good players.

"The form of Kieran (Trippier) and Dan (Burn) has been really strong as well so it’s that competition that will bring out the best in everybody but they’re very important players for the here and now.”

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Hall not signing in the summer doesn’t free up any FFP funds in January

Whether it frees up funds in the present or future is beside the point, really - it does indeed free up funds in the summer, so we could go out and sign a contract that looks exactly like Hall's does now, loan with obligation to buy next year.

1 hour ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Is there truth in the rumour that if he gets a certain amount of minutes then we must buy him?

Howe all but confirmed that there are indeed performance-metrics that must be hit in order to trigger the obligation to buy.

I'm not really sure why everyone seems to be scratching their heads over this. Howe doesn't want to spend 35 million pound on an 18 year old fullback while we're strapped for funds under FFP and the money can be more efficiently used elsewhere.

13 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

It took about 4 MOTM performances for Howe to trust Livramento. 

and yet those MOTM performances were in RB position and he still wouldn't move him over to there yesterday, would rather play an absolute exhausted Trippier.

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Howe all but confirmed that there are indeed performance-metrics that must be hit in order to trigger the obligation to buy.

I'm not really sure why everyone seems to be scratching their heads over this. Howe doesn't want to spend 35 million pound on an 18 year old fullback while we're strapped for funds under FFP and the money can be more efficiently used elsewhere.

Then we may as well try to scrap the deal and send him back, the poor lad came up thrilled to bits stating he supports us etc and can't get a kick of the ball.  had one game where he played a substantial amount of time and scored then got dropped quicker than my wifes knickers when i'm pissed.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Then we may as well try to scrap the deal and send him back, the poor lad came up thrilled to bits stating he supports us etc and can't get a kick of the ball.  had one game where he played a substantial amount of time and scored then got dropped quicker than my wifes knickers when i'm pissed.

I don't disagree with you, and I don't think Eddie does either - he'll be sent back in a few months when the loan ends assuming we don't buy. Not like he's trapped here forever.

51 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Matt Ritchie is finished he can't even jog never mind run his tracking back was beyond a joke. Are you suggesting Hall would have been worse defensively? 

I said I might not agree with the decision, but I understand Howe's thinking. Hall has not exactly been great when he has played, except at OT.

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hard to feel sorry for anyone when we don't hear the foggiest why he isn't playing.

When you see an older, been inactive on the pitch for 18 months+ Ritchie being played ahead of him it says enough really. The lad is way off being trusted in one way or another, if I had to guess I’d say it comes down to not carrying out positional and/or tactical instructions to the level expected.

Edited by Nine

9 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I said I might not agree with the decision, but I understand Howe's thinking. Hall has not exactly been great when he has played, except at OT.

I really don't understand his thinking in giving Matt Ritchie any minutes what so ever.

27 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

and yet those MOTM performances were in RB position and he still wouldn't move him over to there yesterday, would rather play an absolute exhausted Trippier.

You’re saying Trippier is tired because he made a last minute mistake. 

Trippier’s general performance was solid. 

Nobody in the match thread was upset by the substitution.