Lewis Hall

Paully

19 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Comes across really well. Measured and level-headed.

He's going to be massive for us this season

Also, good shout out there for Longstaff. The little things you don't see.

58 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not sure why the clamour for Hall to start before seeing Kelly play.

I mean, Kelly hasn't kicked a ball for us so I'm not sure why he'd be above Hall in the pecking order as of right now either.

Agree with your general point though, there's a fair chance Kelly will be seen as as deluxe version of what Burn was at LB, being more capable of holding his own when getting forward but still offering the extra defensive quality that you maybe don't get with Hall there.

Could see Eddie maybe viewing Hall as a LCM in his system.

Just think Hall will be massive for us in transition out of defence and in passing across the face of goal. With Tino bombing forward and Hall dancing into space and picking a great forward pass we’re going to be a completely different team in attack. That is until Trippier and Kelly start

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

I mean, Kelly hasn't kicked a ball for us so I'm not sure why he'd be above Hall in the pecking order as of right now either.

Agree with your general point though, there's a fair chance Kelly will be seen as as deluxe version of what Burn was at LB, being more capable of holding his own when getting forward but still offering the extra defensive quality that you maybe don't get with Hall there.

Could see Eddie maybe viewing Hall as a LCM in his system.

It's just a different level of experience, physicality and athleticism. He's also good on the ball still and gets up and down the line.

Also Howe already knows him well and knows exactly what he brings to the table. Kelly vice versa knows exactly what Howe expects of him also.

It would be very surprising if Hall starts IMO. I may be wrong though, and so we'll see.

The way I see it, Hall is very young and inexperienced. His time will come and he'll still get opportunities to play, as Kelly isn't one you want to be running into the ground anyway.

100% MUST be 1st choice next season. He has shown more than enough for me towards the end of last season, plus glimpses before that. Unless he gets a few games and is poor both on/off the ball then fine, rotate him, but I don’t see it. What he offers on the ball and in general play outweighs his sometimes weaker defensive attributes. Even his defensive side has gotten better and rather quickly. On the ball he is one of our top three players. I have extremely high hopes for both him and Tonali. I think Hall will kick on from last season and continue to grow even further. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him being one of our POTY contenders. 

Also want to add to that, he has end product which is massive to have from an “unexpected” position. 

Edited by Ikon

18 minutes ago, Ikon said:

100% MUST be 1st choice next season. He has shown more than enough for me towards the end of last season, plus glimpses before that. Unless he gets a few games and is poor both on/off the ball then fine, rotate him, but I don’t see it. What he offers on the ball and in general play outweighs his sometimes weaker defensive attributes. Even his defensive side has gotten better and rather quickly. On the ball he is one of our top three players. I have extremely high hopes for both him and Tonali. I think Hall will kick on from last season and continue to grow even further. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him being one of our POTY contenders. 

Also want to add to that, he has end product which is massive to have from an “unexpected” position. 

Completely agree with all of this. Also think having him behind Gordon will be massively beneficial to AG as well, just having that option on the overlap will give him more space to come inside. 

Although I would love some exciting transfer news, I am still really looking forward to this season and think we can do great things! 

I agree love his skillet and in theory should really help our ability to keep the ball as we move from defense / midfield 

I do wonder if Howe will start with a Burn/Lloyd though, mainly because those 2 are a total different style to Hall

In the video from the Adidas training center a player passed the ball across the swimming pool and Hall’s first touch to control the ball was some tekkers like :lol: One thing doing it on the pitch but standing like that at the edge of the pool looked kind of ridiculous in a good way. Made me think of Foden for some reason. 

His first instinct to look up and play that killer ball early is what will set him apart from the rest of the pack for years to come. I genuinely think he’s capable of playing international football if he continues to develop. 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

There’s almost no question he’ll play for England at senior level a significant amount unless he has issues with injuries 

If he starts the season in the team and performs at a similar level to the back end of last season, I’d say there’s a reasonable chance he’s in squad for the September matches.