Lewis Hall

Paully

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Willow said:

Absolute quality

what's with all the defending clips?

Get that ball playing front and centre.

What I like most about him is how good he is with the penetration of his passes and the weight - it's really good. He's also got quick feet and can drop a shoulder. IMO that's why I think he can play in midfield. IMO that's the difference between a Kroos and a TAA. At FB or coming from deep, TAA has all the time in the world to pick a pass. But he struggles when receiving the ball with his back to goal or just generally when under pressure. Some of it is movement but Trent doesn't have the touch, composure and ball control to operate in tight spaces that Kroos does. Hall seems to be better in those tight spaces. A proper footballer man. A baller.

So yes.. Lewis Hall is a Toni Kroos regen.

I also just want to see it just once. Maybe I'm over-rating him. I just want to see him next to Bruno.

But yeh my point is, Hall is not just a passer. Jonjo Shelvey could pick a pass - any pass at that. But Hall can really ball.

Edit: That's also the major difference between Cabaye and Bruno. The opposition could press Cabaye out of the game largely and overwhelm him physically. Where Bruno is skipping past players if they get too tight and he's better able to cope physically (he also usually has more help than Cabaye did). The opposition could press Cabaye into a sideways pass or a poor pass. Get on top of him. You can't do that to Bruno, he's dropping the shoulder on you then buying a foul.

Edited by The College Dropout

I just don’t know enough to assess if Hall would be a successful midfielder. As you’ve alluded to, it’s a lot more than being able to pass or tackle. It’s the awareness and speed of thought under pressure.

If he stays at FB he will obvs be a playmaking FB and, I think takeover from Trippier in that role. 
Tino’s strength to me (offensively) seems to be more about running with the ball. His passing is good but not exceptional.

Posted (edited)

Howe's seemed to allow him to invert alot more than Tripper or Tino so I assumed he recognises those qualities too. 

Edited by Thumbheed

I think he improved a lot in the last couple of months with all the playtime he got, which isn’t surprising since playtime is crucial for someone of his age. To be fair, he wouldn’t have played that much had the others not been out for injury. I hope he continues to get those minutes next season especially since we will have a super tight schedule with conference league. 

On 23/05/2024 at 03:58, GideonShandy said:

Should work on getting taller during the off-season. 

McTominay was only 5'2 when he made his Man United debut so there is a chance.

Posted (edited)

Ashworth's probably left a jar of this knocking about somewhere. Should check his old office.

Gro.jpg

Edited by Checko
Smaller image hopefully

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Magpie said:

Was his loan made permanent then?? Or is it from 1st July?

Believe it's first of July so the fee counts for the next acounting period. He was in Chelsea's end of season retained list, so I think that means he's still contracted to them until the end of the season.