Lewis Hall

Paully

Can they not find a better place to take the photo? The training centre looks so shit [emoji38]

I'd love someone like Gordon to have a word with him and tell him not to have the summer off... or at least look at the summer as an extended training camp. Have a couple of weeks away, sure but come back with the intention of being fitter and stronger than ever before. 

Pleased for him with the player of the month award. Funny enough, confidence, on the pitch at least, doesn't seem to be an issue. He always wants the ball under pressure, it's one of his biggest strengths.

25 minutes ago, Cf said:

Can they not find a better place to take the photo? The training centre looks so shit [emoji38]

:lol: Love how they at least put enough effort in to tell him to throw a home shirt on but can't find a nice little backdrop. 

At what point of the season did we confirm he was permanently joining us because we couldn't finish below 14th?

Feel he's been great since then

They've never actually announced his permanent signing yet. Just that we are now obligated to sign him.

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Was probably 4 weeks away from deserving a call-up

Wonder if one of the reasons he wasn't even closer is it's thought he needs to prove his "new and improved" attitude first. Could imagine Eddie not pushing for his inclusion in the way he would with a Gordon just yet.

Posted (edited)

I always wonder who picks our POTM/S awards. Certainly well deserved for Lewis this month.

Edited by 80

56 minutes ago, 80 said:

Wonder if one of the reasons he wasn't even closer is it's thought he needs to prove his "new and improved" attitude first. Could imagine Eddie not pushing for his inclusion in the way he would with a Gordon just yet.

Why would Eddie do that?

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why would Eddie do that?

*Not do that. I'm not saying he'd put the mouth on him. But I think he would actively lobby for someone like Gordon to get in this summer 'should Southgate approach him for his opinion'. While being more circumspect about Hall seeing as he's only just begun to start for us after a difficult adjustment period.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

At what point of the season did we confirm he was permanently joining us because we couldn't finish below 14th?

Feel he's been great since then

Weirdly, it was around the same time. 

Ended the season posting some pretty good data. This vs other PL full backs this season:

image.thumb.png.0714c4048ac834abdc684fff8fcab383.png

image.thumb.png.6c7206bd5c17278a5b8a412f2a7b98ea.png

Progressive with his passing and very proactive with his defending (which is probably also why he's making a relatively high amount of errors).

14 minutes ago, Smal said:

Ended the season posting some pretty good data. This vs other PL full backs this season:

image.thumb.png.0714c4048ac834abdc684fff8fcab383.png

image.thumb.png.6c7206bd5c17278a5b8a412f2a7b98ea.png

Progressive with his passing and very proactive with his defending (which is probably also why he's making a relatively high amount of errors).

These are, by almost any understanding, fantastic numbers

I know it was a low key friendly today, but had another good game.  Having a proper pre-season with Howe will hopefully work wonders for him - Looking forward to see how this lad progresses next season. 

2 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

I know it was a low key friendly today, but had another good game.  Having a proper pre-season with Howe will hopefully work wonders for him - Looking forward to see how this lad progresses next season. 

It doesn't help that fanny's like me were questioning "why pay £30 million for a player that doesn't play ?"

In his game against us for Chelsea last year there was one moment where he plays a 40 yard cross field ball over Dan Burn with his weaker foot. 1:30 here:

Kid's got wonderful technique and looks physically solid. Think he could become really good with some more match experience. Needs to be playing going forward.