Lewis Hall

Paully

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You could easily have Hall in the Cancelo-esque, full back stepping into midfield role.

I think we may experiment more with formations this season.

Either 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with hall moving to midfield similar to Zinchenko and Cancelo.

44 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Did he play in the centre of the midfield 3?

It looked to me like Hall and Miley were sat deeper than Joelinton.

Jamal Lewis had a good game too and when he would overlap Barnes you would see Hall drop almost in to the left back position to cover.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Missed the game today, but looks like he played midfield the full 90 and was good? Any details of the role?

He played leftback second half. 

Centre mid with miley and big joe first half. He was pulling the strings. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

He played leftback second half. 

Centre mid with miley and big joe first half. He was pulling the strings. 

Interesting. Nice one :thup:

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

It looked to me like Hall and Miley were sat deeper than Joelinton.

Jamal Lewis had a good game too and when he would overlap Barnes you would see Hall drop almost in to the left back position to cover.

Imagine the redemption story if Eddie made a player out of Lewis with 1 year left of his contract. Bigger than any other at this point. 

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Missed the game today, but looks like he played midfield the full 90 and was good? Any details of the role?

First half midfield. Second half interchanged with Lewis at left of three defenders or left wingback. Looked confident and tidy in midfield role and generally had a good game. Lots of people seemed even more enthusiastic than that about his performance. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

First half midfield. Second half interchanged with Lewis at left of three defenders or left wingback. Looked confident and tidy in midfield role and generally had a good game. Lots of people seemed even more enthusiastic than that about his performance. 

Sounds good :thup:

I’d be disappointed if he didn’t start v Southampton. He showed enough at the end of last season to keep hold of the shirt and his dynamism and passing could be a huge asset to break down a low block if they come up here like Forest in the 22/23 season opener.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I’d be disappointed if he didn’t start v Southampton. He showed enough at the end of last season to keep hold of the shirt and his dynamism and passing could be a huge asset to break down a low block if they come up here like Forest in the 22/23 season opener.

Think he will. With Burn and Schar centre halves..Will ease Kelly in I reckon

23 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I wonder if he starts opening day? Would seem likely if Kelly isn’t quite up to speed yet.

He'll definitely start the season, as he's playing pre season games and doing well. And so he has every advantage of nailing down that spot.

Kelly not playing games yet and being brought along slowly knocks him out of contention to start the season IMO.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He'll definitely start the season, as he's playing pre season games and doing well. And so he has every advantage of nailing down that spot.

Kelly not playing games yet and being brought along slowly knocks him out of contention to start the season IMO.

Are you sure that's not just because you're used to watching England this summer? :lol:

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Mate, this was you last week: “It would be very surprising if Hall starts IMO. I may be wrong though, and so we'll see.The way I see it, Hall is very young and inexperienced. His time will come and he'll still get opportunities to play”

:dontknow:

26 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Mate, this was you last week: “It would be very surprising if Hall starts IMO. I may be wrong though, and so we'll see.The way I see it, Hall is very young and inexperienced. His time will come and he'll still get opportunities to play”

To quote someone’s username- “unbelievable”

On 22/05/2024 at 20:30, Thumbheed said:

Just curious to see him play one game in midfield. 

Just one.

*A few games in midfield

Edited by Thumbheed

I didn’t see the friendly but it was against Hull.. how much can be learnt? Whilst he certainly is a talent, I think we need him more at LB than anywhere else.

Also seen the comments about Jamal Lewis, he’s done this numerous times.. looks ok in pre season and then just drops off the radar. Maybe he has turned a corner but his umpteen loan spells don’t really paint that picture.

Not necessarily suggesting he's our starting midfielder from now on but he's got a lot of qualities that aren't best utilised at left back and would be more affective in midfield, so stands to reason why Howe might seen enough in training to play him there yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Yeah ... but Kelly's fitness is far behind still.

Thought that would be obvious from what I said in my post this morning.

All being equal I think Kelly would have claimed the spot personally. Don't think Hall is the defender he is yet, and Howe is likely to prioritise that.

Edited by KaKa

59 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Also seen the comments about Jamal Lewis, he’s done this numerous times.. looks ok in pre season and then just drops off the radar. Maybe he has turned a corner but his umpteen loan spells don’t really paint that picture.

Don't think Lewis has ever made it through a pre season fully fit since Howe joined.

Will be interesting to see if he can just manage that alone first. 

If he can do that then who knows what will happen. We're pretty low on numbers at the minute and so he may end up being kept around.