Lewis Hall

Paully

Looks like another season where this lad will have the shortest leash of everyone in the starting XI.

Bizarro world. We were dross until he started those last 8ish games, and could step into midfield and bomb down the flank for us. Kelly played that goal onside, with shocking marking on Semenyo. Hope we'll see a change at half.

We're not a mid table squad that needs to make the best out of the little that we've got anymore. I don't see the problem with playing 2 attacking fullbacks personally. Most teams does. It's not like Livra sucks defensively either. We're supposed to dominate some of the teams in the league, and having fullbacks that are great with the ball is a part of that.

Edited by Erikse

Both have pros and cons, think kelly is the better defender (although average today) but lewis is much better with the ball at his feet

Edited by buzza

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Harsh to blame Kelly for the goal like.

Hall and Kelly will be rotated throughout the season.

I don't blame Kelly for the goal, but his passing was awful and he was quite slow when should have closed down. Hall offers much more offensively.

Just now, KingArthur said:

I don't blame Kelly for the goal, but his passing was awful and he was quite slow when should have closed down. Hall offers much more offensively.

Great passing range too.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Don't forget Kelly is a CB, and I'd have him ahead of Burn.

I agree. We could use his pace there. Burn shouldn't be starting for us anymore IMO, unless there are even more injuries.

Edited by Erikse

Thought he was very good when he came on, absolutely love his positive intent. We saw last week that it can go wrong but it’s exactly how we should be playing and he did well defensively too

Played his way back into the starting 11? Kelly played the old Dan Burn centre back playing left back role today. In fact at one point Dan Burn made a run down the left further than Kelly had all game and it was depressing as fuck.

Edited by Skeletor

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Thought he was very good when he came on, absolutely love his positive intent. We saw last week that it can go wrong but it’s exactly how we should be playing and he did well defensively too

He's a very classy footballer, pings the ball about and reads the game so well.

In hindsight I really wish he had started the game today.

I really want to see how he would have dealt with that kind of pressure defensively.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

In hindsight I really wish he had started the game today.

I really want to see how he would have dealt with that kind of pressure defensively.

True, but he is one of the best if not the best passer in this team, and we had so much trouble keeping possession. Miss after miss after miss.

Just now, nufc123 said:

True, but he is one of the best if not the best passer in this team, and we had so much trouble keeping possession. Miss after miss after miss.

It's funny because last week, we also started Longstaff and Murphy, started the game terribly and we never got going, Hall was then also guilty of giving the ball away a number of times and almost costing us.

Howe had better stop with the Longstaff and Almiron/Murphy combo, or we are going to end up in big trouble.

It's putting us up on the back foot and taking the team out of rhythm completely.

If Hall is up against Semenyo that first half, I'm not certain we're still in the game at all.

Dan will get targeted for pace whether cb or not, it's tough to see him struggling  in duels, I would like to see a Kelly/Hall pairing v Forest 

Edited by Holloway

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's funny because last week, we also started Longstaff and Murphy, started the game terribly and we never got going, Hall was then also guilty of giving the ball away a number of times and almost costing us.

Howe had better stop with the Longstaff and Almiron/Murphy combo, or we are going to end up in big trouble.

It's putting us up on the back foot and taking the team out of rhythm completely.

If Hall is up against Semenyo that first half, I'm not certain we're still in the game at all.

You are not wrong, but I will never judge a player fully when we are one man down. They both have pros and cons I just think we have to accept that.

Wonder if Hall's going to be used for home games and Kelly for away games.

Also, I said a few days ago, but I reckon he could be a terrific inverted right wing. What do we want in that position? A left footer with great technique who can shoot and pick a pass. A good athlete who can dribble and is two-footed enough to go down the outside and who'll get stuck in on the defensive side of the game. That is basically Lewis Hall.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Did well today, I still think Howe will stick with Kelly though 

Unfortunately I think you are right - going to be the next Burn at LB situation.