Lewis Hall

Paully

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Again, not remotely worried about this.

If he's going he's going, if he's staying there will be a long term plan for him and a pathway into the first team, it might just take longer than we'd hoped.

It’s only really a talking point for me because of how stretched we are with FFP. I’m just reluctant to spend 35 million on someone who can’t get a kick.

I get that we were desperate for the win today so not surprised he didn’t start. It is odd that he gets no minutes when he’s clearly a really good player. There’s fuck all any of us can comment on really. Just have to wait and see what happens come the end of the season unless he starts getting serious minutes before then

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s only really a talking point for me because of how stretched we are with FFP. I’m just reluctant to spend 35 million on someone who can’t get a kick.

Yep.  If we had a Sky Six budget then we could afford the gamble.  At the moment we can’t be signing £30m footballers who are at best so raw that they can’t get a kick

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

FFP wise, it becomes more of an issue if he can't get a kick next season.

Still think in our current position, the 35 million we are going to spend on him could be used much better. 

On 18/12/2023 at 17:41, SUPERTOON said:

There was this from Todd Boehly's mouthpiece, Matt Law from the Telegraph also reported the same.

Sounded much like a briefing from the Chelsea end.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still think in our current position, the 35 million we are going to spend on him could be used much better. 

If he's not coming in to the team regularly next year, I agree.

He looked promising to me at Chelsea. If this isn’t related to a clause in any way then there must be something the coaching staff is unhappy with. 

It’s a weird situation given the position we’re in.

2 minutes ago, cannybagoftudor said:

is it that we have to buy him if he makes a certain number of appearances - and since the injuries have bitten and our FFP is at the brink we will not play him???

We don't know but that is one of the possibilities.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yep, assuming the deal hasn't been made permanent, it no longer seems to make that much sense. Especially if he doesn't consider himself a left back, because that's the position where we needed a developing full back of real potential.

Could it be.... that his appearance would trigger a permanent deal, and when that happens we have to give Chelsea a payment?

The last thing we want is more FFP burden during January, just a thought.

Perhaps when February arrives, the situation changes and the deal can be ratified sooner, then he gets more games.

You wouldn’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.. Chelsea could be really pushing their FFP limit and the close to 30m (x3 when it comes to what they might spend after receiving that cash) could be the difference between them being able to afford someone like say Oshimen, or not..

Or it might just be as simple that the kid is shite, but I don’t think so.. think a run in the side would see him improve massively.. but it’s not likely to happen at this point.

He has the look of a kid that’s just biding his time until the ordeal is over.. such a waste of a year for him.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Could it be.... that his appearance would trigger a permanent deal, and when that happens we have to give Chelsea a payment?

The last thing we want is more FFP burden during January, just a thought.

Perhaps when February arrives, the situation changes and the deal can be ratified sooner, then he gets more games.

These sorts of deals trigger at the end of the season, no?