Lewis Hall

Paully

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Loaned out next season.

Hopefully not, we can’t be spending so much of our budget on players and loaning them out, we need him up to speed and contributing 

15 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Hopefully not, we can’t be spending so much of our budget on players and loaning them out, we need him up to speed and contributing 

Sorry I was being sarcastic, but it does feel like Howe would always choose Burn and then Livramento out of position over him. He's like a more natural left back, but Howe has him way down the list.

Hall told Chronicle Live: "It was a mixture of everything. It was obviously frustrating not playing. It is not like I have not been doing anything, I have been working really hard behind the scenes. All the coaches and players have helped me so much and made me feel part of it.

"I feel like I have improved certain aspects of my game quite a lot. I am hoping now towards the end of the season I can continue to show my abilities and what I have improved on, to help the team."

When asked about his fitness, Hall said: "I feel good. It (muscular injury) came with not playing too much to then playing a lot of games with internationals and coming back and playing in a short space of time.

"All we can do now is take it game by game. We have to continue this momentum of winning. Hopefully we can rack up a load of points until the end of the season and finish as high as possible."

When asked how he felt to see his face emblazoned on the banner, the left-sided player said: "I noticed it! That is obviously quite special when you walk out even if you are on the bench. Seeing your face on there is quite a proud moment. It shows how the fans are right behind you. It was just a special feeling."

Nice to hear some quotes, can only imagine it’s been frustrating when he’s played less first team football this season than last. However, just got to put some faith in Howe on this one. Whatever role he ends up playing (and I hope it is left back because I think his game is the right fit longer term) he’s going to be a very good player. Tino will be more of a dribbler and ball carrier on the other side, Lewis will be more about passing, crossing and I think he’ll get a decent goal return from shooting around the edge of the box 

To me the lad looks top quality, never doubted the signing.

Would've liked to see him more but there's hardly been a moment in the season when the circumstances haven't been extremely difficult to drop a youngster into. 

• 2 weeks later...

Added a lot to us today. Probably the biggest compliment is how quiet this thread was after the game. There was one particular blocking run he made in our area today I was delighted with.

He just adds so much balance. He plays like a normal left back, which is what we were missing with Burn.

He just looks sharper than earlier on in the year. I love how much he wants the ball and how he finds little passes.

He also looks like he has a goal in him.

Definitely more to come though. A bit rough around the edges with regards to defending but that's normal.

It at least means we have one competent option but I wouldn't be seeing him as ready to be first choice yet. A really good back up though.

7 minutes ago, 80 said:

Added a lot to us today. Probably the biggest compliment is how quiet this thread was after the game. There was one particular blocking run he made in our area today I was delighted with.

Also loved his ball to Gordon that led to the pen. Put it into space and let him run onto it. It’s very early but I could see a bit of chemistry developing between those two in the near future. Especially since hall loves to get forward and Gordon can definitely be trusted to come back and cover for him. Can have some very fluid and instinctive attacking/defending down the left once they are on the same page. 

He's someone who could really benefit from our European campaign.

I'd also like to see him have a summer where he is worked really hard. He should start as many friendlies as possible. Want to see him back looking leaner and stronger.