Newcastle United vs. Liverpool: 27/08/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

There is a differance between expecting good results and being disappointed in the team/manager if we dont get it. 

Only reason im expecting good results is because I think we have one of the best managers and a squad of players working really hard for the team.

Simplified I know, but looking at squad value on transfermarkt we clearly have no business being favorites to get top 4/5 this year.

1. Man City €1,24bn

2.Arsenal €1,21bn

3.Chelsea €965m

4.Man Utd €863m

5.Liverpool €801m

6.Tottenham €715m

7.Aston Villa €615m

8.Newcastle Utd €603m

Still need a couple of year of high spending to even consider being disappointed in missing out on CL.

Edited by Displayname

That’s definitely true in pure monetary terms but a lot of those other teams have overpaid and the player value is skewed accordingly. Chelsea and Man U love to overpay on players. Our squad is better than Spurs’ these days and I’d take us over Liverpool currently, and Man U. I think it’ll take a while for our new lads to bed in properly (mainly the full backs) but we have a squad that is going to be relatively consistent over the next three years. The same can’t be said for some of the other clubs, especially Man U 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That’s definitely true in pure monetary terms but a lot of those other teams have overpaid and the player value is skewed accordingly. Chelsea and Man U love to overpay on players. Our squad is better than Spurs’ these days and I’d take us over Liverpool currently, and Man U. I think it’ll take a while for our new lads to bed in properly (mainly the full backs) but we have a squad that is going to be relatively consistent over the next three years. The same can’t be said for some of the other clubs, especially Man U 

Not saying the values are perfectly accurate by any means, but its not based heavily on past transfer value. Harry Maguire f.ex. is only valued at €20m while being bought for €87m. 

Antony being valued at €60m is sketchy though :)

11 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Not saying the values are perfectly accurate by any means, but its not based heavily on past transfer value. Harry Maguire f.ex. is only valued at €20m while being bought for €87m. 

Antony being valued at €60m is sketchy though :)

Yes, but that's because he's been terrible for years. The transfer massively boosted his value, and it took quite a while to fall. Hence Antony. 

Screenshot_20230827_104803_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2a614bad352d20a907c88ad522fe9aa6.jpg

3 hours ago, Ben said:

This thread has some of the lunatics on it 

Sums up why I hate these cunts. 

Entitled arseholes to a man.  I legitimately see every club in the league as a rival and I'm fairly sure that's how our calm, collected, non teeth-gnashing manager views it.  But no, we should all just shut up and lick the famous Liverpool's hoop like the media. 

Gan fuck off. 

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It's not so much how much they paid, it's that they have the ability to pay that much compared to us and others.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I feel the same way I felt against Villa this season, Man United or Spurs last, nervous but confident.

Yeah same. I hope we could beat man city but I half expected to get beat. Villa I thought a win would be great but wouldn't have been gutted if we'd drawn. Today I feel the same.

30 minutes ago, Displayname said:

There is a differance between expecting good results and being disappointed in the team/manager if we dont get it. 

Only reason im expecting good results is because I think we have one of the best managers and a squad of players working really hard for the team.

Simplified I know, but looking at squad value on transfermarkt we clearly have no business being favorites to get top 4/5 this year.

1. Man City €1,24bn

2.Arsenal €1,21bn

3.Chelsea €965m

4.Man Utd €863m

5.Liverpool €801m

6.Tottenham €715m

7.Aston Villa €615m

8.Newcastle Utd €603m

Still need a couple of year of high spending to even consider being disappointed in missing out on CL.

Transfermarkt doesn’t really mean much though, it’s someone sat in a room and putting his own valuation on players, Chelsea have spent close to a billion pounds in 3 windows but Lukaku might be valued at only £30m in that table.

Btw I hope you thrash these twats today, i hope Var is truthful because it seems to favour the red clubs.