Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yes there’s debate over substitutions, tactics, losing our shape and intensity second half, Bruno losing the ball in a key situation…..but ultimately we just didn’t take our chances to finish them off and they took theirs. We need to learn to keep our foot on someone’s throat and finish things off, that’s what top sides do.

This is it, for me. Used the exact same term about ‘foot on their throat’ to a few mates after the game. We were far too timid second half and played like we were scared to lose. If it was 2-0, I would have understood it. But with their manager, style of play and the attacking players they have at their disposal. Doing that at 1-0 seemed daft. 

I know we still should have scored a couple more. But it wasn’t like we had endless pressure, with world class save after save. We didn’t really stretch them or sustain pressure and attacks for long enough periods. 

Ah well. Live and learn. 

9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I realise the irony of me bumping this, but I'm fuckin sick of seeing it at the top now :lol:

Wish it would permanently drop off the page, along with steak bakes and pardew. 

My thread is rarely on the front page. 
I believe Young Eddie will fix this and that you lot will beat Brighton 2-0 on Saturday. See ya later lads. 

6 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

That Barnes breakaway has been living rent free in my head all week 😩

The moment was Miggys shot which hit the post. Goal of the season right there for multiple reasons.

Might have just felt like it inside the ground (haven't watched the game back, full or highlights) but none of the 3 central midfielders really attacked the box when we had the ball wide, made it easier for them than it should have been.

55 minutes ago, madras said:

Might have just felt like it inside the ground (haven't watched the game back, full or highlights) but none of the 3 central midfielders really attacked the box when we had the ball wide, made it easier for them than it should have been.

Yeah felt like there was as big gap between Isak and midfield.