Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Honestly, I suspect you'll play better than that this season and lose. Not to take credit away as you were on it and pressed them well, but that was an all-time embarrassing performance from Sheff Utd. There was a period where they passed you the ball in their own half about 4 times in 90 seconds. [emoji38]Sunday League stuff.

The last 40 minutes we had so much confidence and Sheff U were so unmotivated we could’ve scored more. 

But being 3 up at half time was mostly down to the SU disaster class.  They came out and managed to play even worse in the second half. We were good.  But SU put in a super stinker. 

Just now, Heron said:

Absolutely. Twice we left them wid expensive through bad communication and in the first instance Teippier blocked the shot and in the second the kid fired wide. Absolutely shite.

Hmmmmmmmm ......... 2 down?

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

Mad how twatting teams off the park has become so normal. 8 zip and it just feels like back to business as usual after a rocky patch. In years gone by I’d have been buzzing off this result for days. :lol: 

Absolutely. We were choosing the next scorer in the old George today. Surreal.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Should have, could have.  Half chances at most.

Good chances.

A competent PL side scores one of those two. They scored neither. The first goal could have arguably been denied and the second was a pen despite Burn doing to fantastic to score.

We were 7/10 today. They were 2/10 after they first 25mins.

Edited by Heron

Just now, Heron said:

Godo chances.

A competent PL side scores one of those two. They scored neither. The first goal could have arguably been denied and the second was a pen despite Burn doing to fantastic to score.

Right, what have you done with Heron?  This is obviously a mackem imposter!

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Right, what have you done with Heron?  This is obviously a mackem imposter!

It's absolutely reflective of what happened. I am as happy as the next person, but today there was some good fortune/degree of incompetence before we got back to our 'last season' self. Absolutely.

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Heron said:

It's absolutely reflective of what happened. I am as happy as the next person, but today there was some good fortune/degree of incompetence before we got back to our 'last season' self. Absolutely.

Weirdo!

Every team is going to have half-chances even in a pummelling or a part of the game where they're not getting pummelled. 

Bet Sheffield Wednesday had a few attacking situations against us in that 8-0 maybe even got a few shots off and maybe looked competitive for a times.

Its never complete and utter dominance.....

..except West Ham in 96.

Anyone thinking we deserved to be ahead after 20 mins is absolutely kidding themselves. It was only after that first goal we got our mojo back. I really hope that's it now...been lacking confidence since Liverpool.

Edited by Heron

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

Good chances.

7/10? We broke records today.. Lots of teams have been 2/10 against top sides before without having records be broken against them. So if we were 9/10 today we would've won 14-0?

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

7/10? We broke records today.. Lots of teams have been 2/10 against top sides before without having records be broken against them. So if we were 9/10 today we would've won 14-0?

Aye, arguably. We should have been 2 down after 20mins. The first goal could have been given no goal for handball and the third wasn't a foul. Granted we could have had a pen too. Folk are kidding themselves if they think we were anywhere near our average level for the first 25mins or so. We got the first goal and it changed the game then we obliterated them as our confidence returned and there's capitulated 

Edited by Heron

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

For context, these lot almost done Tottenham, and got a draw against City. Why are we so tough on our squad? It was a cracking performance by our lot and I'm not taking anything away from them at all. 

I'm not being tough. I'm saying what happened.