Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think we were fortunate today with that result.  We still had the same issues at the start of the game.  Once we scored, then another, they just lost confidence.  I don't mean to be negative but I just don't like our current system.  Eddie will resolve it, we can't maintain this half pres half possession based system.

I dont think we were fortunate but I understand the rest of it.

Frightening isn't it.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think we were fortunate today with that result.  We still had the same issues at the start of the game.  Once we scored, then another, they just lost confidence.  I don't mean to be negative but I just don't like our current system.  Eddie will resolve it, we can't maintain this half pres half possession based system.

Fucking hell man. :lol:

Has to be a wind up.

8 away from home with 8 different scorers is just unheard of obviously, it’s absolutely unreal :lol:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse home performance at this level though, and it will probably cost Heckingbottom his job. I think the most important aspect of today was not only how we put a tactically dysfunctional side to the sword, but the timing of this beat down is perfect. Dump city out on Wednesday night and we’ll be in that kill mode going forward I feel, key players will be returning to full fitness over the next 14 days as well. Exciting couple of weeks ahead.

48 minutes ago, Dokko said:

That was a hard watch, well apart from seeing Basham crying inside, especially since he was one of their worst players.

They're not here to compete, simply here to take the money and give it another shot next season. Feel sorry for their manager who'll be bounced after this, and really, he carries little blame.

Nah he got it all wrong today.  Didn’t motivate his players. Didn’t do anything tactically to trouble us. Post match he said he wanted to put out an attacking team. We are miles better than them. His players gave up. 

The Wilder rumours have undermined him though. 

18 minutes ago, Nine said:

8 away from home with 8 different scorers is just unheard of obviously, it’s absolutely unreal :lol:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse home performance at this level though, and it will probably cost Heckingbottom his job. I think the most important aspect of today was not only how we put a tactically dysfunctional side to the sword, but the timing of this beat down is perfect. Dump city out on Wednesday night and we’ll be in that kill mode going forward I feel, key players will be returning to full fitness over the next 14 days as well. Exciting couple of weeks ahead.

Fully agree. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The simplicity of that Miggy goal man :lol:

Reminds me (from SU perspective) of us under spells with Pardew Souness Kinnear and the like against a top team that’s motivated and wants blood.  He runs past 2 or 3 with 1 pass. 

27 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Not sure if I need to drink  more or quit the internet for good after reading this. Could be the final straw. 

I've honestly had the worst day today at work. I'm a nurse and I've had literally the shittest shift in the world, I've had no food for 12 hours and I've pissed once, I've ran around like a headless chicken, trying to keep these two sickies safe whilst short staffed and honestly, when I checked the score I was so fucking happy it made MY DAY! So thank you boys!!!!!

Here as a one-off and as an outsider. 

But just wanted to put a thanks out there to the Newcastle fans at BL this afternoon for fully respecting and playing their part in our tributes to Maddy Cussack. 

Some things are more important than football, and kudos to yous