Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Every goal is permanently embedded into my brain. The worrying feeling when they scored aswell.

the wait for VAR on Burn's goal was agony too :lol:. Tried to rule it out for both offside and handball!

31 minutes ago, Maggies said:

The noise for each of the goals! Not a typical roar/goal celebration, it was a spine tingling pure emotion - especially the Miggy and Schar goals.

The Almiron one was exactly the sound you'd expect after 20 years of waiting for a Champions League goal. Perfection.

Really special night this, my favourite for sure. From the moment of checking my bank to confirm me and the little un’ had tickets from the ballot, to the taxi ride home, I’ll never forget. Made all the better for my 12 year old experiencing it together.

Pre match, standing at the windows on the upper floor of Bealim, watching the PSG fans march to the stadium, the sheer electricity 30 minutes before the game in our seats (never experienced anything like that before), the flag display, the noise … Jesus Christ the noise… , the PSG fans, miggys opener, more unbelievable noise, and the rest is history.  

You can’t buy memories like that man, super special. 

SJP and town itself really did feel like it was transported to a different dimension that night. The best example I can think of of there being electric in the air and everyone being able to feel it and then thrive off it.  From the streets, to the stands, onto the pitch and then back in a feedback loop.

Doubt I'll ever experience a night of football quite like that again because of everything in the previous 20 years that lead up to it.

My memory tends to be a bit hazy, especially when I've had a few drinks, but I remember all of it and will never ever forget it.

From the buzz around St Thomas Church, the drinks in the Town Mouse and Revoluciòn de Cuba beforehand. The atmosphere walking in and around the concourse. The PSG fans almost acting as a pacemaker for us to up our own atmosphere. The Champions League anthem. The cheering of our closing down, Trippier setting the tone with an early interception that he controlled and set us away with brilliantly. The disbelief when Miggy scored. Running to the toilet while Isak was getting bandaged up. The wait for Burn's goal. Pope's inexplicable precision in terrible goal kicks out to the left. Being in sheer disbelief by the third goal. Jamaal Lascelles absolutely bodying Mbappe and Dembele. Being right behind Schär's shot and standing up as soon as he hit it, knowing it had a very good chance. Going mental, my brother in law, one of the most shy and reserved people I know just grabbing the man in front of him and shaking him. Singing full belt throughout. Having to go for drinks at The City Tavern afterwards so we could compose ourselves and confirm back to each other what we'd witnessed. Scranning a lush Firestone pizza on the way home. Immediately downloading the match when I got home and staying up until daft O'clock watching highlights.

Best night supporting the club in person I've ever experienced by an absolute mile. Magical.

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

Wow, what an unexpected treat. Fantastic. Would pay daft money to have heard Eddie's debrief in the dressing room. 

Pity they inexplicably didn't show more build up to the first and fourth goals. 

Yes, definitely my favourite ever NUFC match and the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at SJP! Probably anywhere tbh! Town was jumping all day and the concourse an hour before kick-off were like an away concourse!

We’ll be back!

This game has, obviously, been talked about alot this week. Quite rightly. 

For my part, and fwiw, even sat at home watching it on the TV was a very special night. Of course I'd have loved to have been there but I'm not, actually, jealous of those that were. Genuinely happy for them, to be fair. 

I have never ever heard, watched and felt an atmosphere like that from a televised match. The game itself was just unforgettable. 

I watched it with a couple of very sound PSG fans in a pub in Toulouse, who couldn't believe what was happening and didn't begrudge me at all for losing my shit when Schär put the gloss on it. A bit like @Groundhog63, would've loved to have been there but tbh I wouldn't change the experience - it was still very special and unique. 

image.png.0f511e43cb17cb50c8724d071978455d.png

Ridiculously poor quality obviously :lol:, but did enjoy spotting me hands on head then doubling over laughing and my BiL just standing hand on mouth after Schar's goal on the match cam. 

Edited by Kid Icarus