Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

55 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Stupid thing is, it's not even that long ago that I was comparably buzzing after a match, cos that Spurs game last season was absolutely iconic too. I'm not saying it was more special (it wasn't; PSG will be remembered with the same generational weight as Barca/Howay 5-0); I'm just saying that this era is bloody littered with truly amazing moments. It's just staggering how good life is as a NUFC fan when you compare it to the abject misery of October 6th 2021.

Thingssssss can only get better! :indi:

16 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Stupid thing is, it's not even that long ago that I was comparably buzzing after a match, cos that Spurs game last season was absolutely iconic too. I'm not saying it was more special (it wasn't; PSG will be remembered with the same generational weight as Barca/Howay 5-0); I'm just saying that this era is bloody littered with truly amazing moments. It's just staggering how good life is as a NUFC fan when you compare it to the abject misery of October 6th 2021.

Think this season might resemble the 94/95 one. It might be the first "dip" in the trajectory but it'll still be fun as fuck, we still know the club is going the right way, even if we mightn't necessarily hit some of our goals. 

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think this season might resemble the 94/95 one. It might be the first "dip" in the trajectory but it'll still be fun as fuck, we still know the club is going the right way, even if we mightn't necessarily hit some of our goals. 

Absolutely agree with this. Shame not everyone can have the mentality of enjoying it, mind 

16 hours ago, Wandy said:

Nice video of an American's first experience of SJP. Pretty decent first game to go to mind. :)

I actually couldn't think of a worse game to go to for my first game. He's literally blarted his good luck load in one fixture. :lol:

Imagine the feeling when he sees a scrappy 1-0 defeat off someone like Luton now :lol:

Wife was carting about on Youtube last night before the rugby and I saw a video about this game. Think the title was "build up (or pre match) and highlights, Newcastle v Paris Saint German" 

Started with footage of their fans bellowing chants out in a relatively empty ground. Had to turn it off for the egg chasing. 

Can't find the cunt now. Looked canny as well. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

I actually couldn't think of a worse game to go to for my first game. He's literally blarted his good luck load in one fixture. :lol:

Imagine the feeling when he sees a scrappy 1-0 defeat off someone like Luton now :lol:

Considering he’s a PSG fan I don’t think he’s used all his good luck up in this one mate :lol: 

4 hours ago, Heron said:

Such a ridiculous take 😅

I took a lifelong Newcastle supporter who lived in the south to the home match against Aston Villa in 2005. That was definitely the worst possible first trip to St James'

5 hours ago, Heron said:

Somehow I don’t think he will be going to a home game v Luton anytime soon. :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2023 at 22:22, Mike said:

The brilliant Ray Hudson.

So going back to his commentary on Almiron’s goal he made a mention of a ‘awakened his sleeping sword of war’  at the time I thought it was just a silly thing that came to his head. 

I’m watching the Hollow Crown (the high budget Shakespeare adaptations on the BBC) and it turns out that line is quote from Henry V where they are convincing him to go to war with France (and onto the victory at Agincourt). 

Quite the reference from wor Ray there! 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

• 2 months later...

Anyone else periodically go back to watching this and peak hard? My memory might be getting the better of me but the Man Utd 5-0 and Barcelona 3-2 were instant classics. Why do I feel like this isn't the same when it should be? I feel like we should still be talking about it. 

It's mad to think that this happened during this season, which has otherwise been incredibly challenging. It gives a hint though, we did this without Botman, Willock, Joelinton, Wilson, and Barnes :lol:

Schär's goal is an all time moment for me, including the commentary. Up there with "on a day when Newcastle would have taken 1 nil, here they are looking for number 5...", truly a moment when Fletcher's hype commentary suited the situation.

It wasn't flukey or a hold on situation either (Barca was tbh) we were fucking incredible. Best 90 minutes I've ever had in SJP.

Edited by Kid Icarus