Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

17 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Completely puzzled by the lack of subs/rotation. Why have we signed these players for massive amounts of money if you don't want to play them in games like this?

Purely to annoy you

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

What's the scoop then? Should have won? Lucky to get a point? Unlucky?

A draw was probably about right. Both sides had periods of dominance, most of ours came in the first half. Second half we began to fatigue and Wolves got a lot of joy from their wingers. As soon as Neto went off we looked pretty comfortable again.

I felt reassured at the end that we'll cope with the heavy load of fixtures and the loss of Tonali. Getting into the top four or winning a trophy will be difficult, but I think we'll continue to pick up decent results. There's a steadiness about this side which bodes well.

19 hours ago, pubteam said:

Let's just focus on the positives. Wolves are a good side with a lot of dangerous players, we could have easily left with no points, I think a lot of big teams will be caught out by them this season. Big Joe is looking much sharper, and close to full fitness and little Joe got some more minutes on the clock. Bruno also looked fantastic. 

They had Neto, we had Almiron. I love Miggy as much as anyone, but while we've got players of that calibre in the team - and we had four or five yesterday - it's not going to be easy winning games even with the best tactics.

A point was a decent result in the end, we don't look so great when we have a few key players out.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

If it wasn’t for his injury record Neto would be a no brainer signing. There’s not many players in the league with that pace and technical ability.

He's their ASM basically.

Edited by Joe1984