Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Pickford's gaffes are just gaffe's, he's a cocky cunt generally. At international level you won't get picked if your temperament looks a bit fragile.

Nowt wrong with Pope's temperamant imo, that's not his problem, it's the mistakes he has in him means I agree actually with your point. Pickford is a favourite of Southgate so doesn't get judged in the same way, and gets away with mistakes unlike Pope.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:lol: when things aren't going perfectly, it really does appear that you wake from the dead, man. Yet you claim that most of your posts of the last two years were positive. This is your Shelvey moment of this season, isn't it?

Eh? Shelvey?

You'd think our bench consisted of reserves and u18s. The way he used them. I hope he learns quick, because if a few more get injured we are knackered going forward cannot be playing under strength teams in the champions league games. 

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

They’re not trusted as backup though. If ever there was a time to use backup it was that second half. And we simply didn’t have the budget / latitude to prioritise the future over what we needed not to go backwards with our competitors all making their starting Xls far better.

Our starting 11 is better 

Tonali Barnes and Gordon are upgrades

Our 2nd 11 is upgraded also

you’re talking pish because your upset about a result 

keep the faith

Just now, maze said:

Howe’s unwillingness to make subs cost us the three points imo. They looked dead tired. 

What’s the point having a bench with decent players if you’re not going to use them?

We were close to winning it

No sub we could have made would have changed much 

It wasn’t Howes fault

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

When we peddled him off to Forest last season. I sort of agreed with you in the beginning but you went on about it religiously for nearly two months. How often do you get amnesia?

I really didn’t go on about it religiously and I defy you to prove me wrong. I mentioned it was odd that we did that without a replacement. 

Bottom line, we’ve lost a lot of ground on our competitors and as much as I’d like to be positive I think not signing JM, in particular, and wasting so much of the budget is a sliding doors moment and will be scrutinised by the owner when he asks why we’ve gone backwards at the end of the season.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I really didn’t go on about it religiously and I defy you to prove me wrong. I mentioned it was odd that we did that without a replacement. 

Bottom line, we’ve lost a lot of ground on our competitors and as much as I’d like to be positive I think not signing JM, in particular, and wasting so much of the budget is a sliding doors moment and will be scrutinised by the owner when he asks why we’ve gone backwards at the end of the season.

We haven’t……

We've signed well 

Give your head a wobble

19 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Who signed Hall and Liv? They were either signed for the future or signed by someone else. Either way it’s not what was needed.

It’s not what we needed if they were signed for the future? Who says we shouldn’t sign players for the future? 

11 minutes ago, tgarve said:

hes been out best player that last few games

he wasn’t tired today just had an uncharacteristic bad game

you don’t just drag your leader off under them circumstances 

You state that like it was a fact. Not sure any of us can say that with certainty.

Howe said in his post game interview about subs, "I didn't want to play people of of position as the game was close". I'm somewhat paraphrasing.

Seemed odd. Liv and Hall wouldn't have been out of position but hey, Eddie knows his shit so that's fine. 

Just now, El Prontonise said:

It's very debatable whether we've signed well.  Have tons of fullbacks and little depth everywhere else....

Decent depth when the squad is fit. Maybe short if a centre half and 3rd forward.

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

It's very debatable whether we've signed well.  Have tons of fullbacks and little depth everywhere else....

We have 4 wingers 2 strikers 6 centre mids 5 centre backs and about 6 Fullbacks - 2 of whom can play elsewhere and also more cover than that and 3/4 keepers