Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I am not making it up at all, dude. I remember one or two even criticizing you for beating the point into the ground , but you and I both share that tendency of belaboring a point. I can at least admit it though.

Look, man. I have absolutely nothing against you,  but You really do appear to be a doom merchant.  Given that I am clearly not the only one who says that, maybe it’s worth considering that there could be some truth in it. 

I’ve said, multiple times, that there’s far more to be positive about than negative but saying ‘great point, we go again’ is worthless. My honest opinion is that the transfer window has seen our competitors make far, far better decisions than us that go beyond budget constraints, and that we’re owned by people who rightly or wrongly want immediate tangible results when they spend money.

Edited by Ronaldo

An OK point at a tough place to visit. We’ve not set the world alight at Molineux too many times to say the least. 

Disappointing to drop the lead twice - poor keeping and defending for their second (as was theirs for our first). 

The players look really tired and we’re honestly struggling for quality and seeing games out (Liverpool, West Ham and today). Can sort of understand some criticism about not changing things up a bit more. 

But we do have LOADS of injuries which is a result of a congested schedule along with staff and players that are not used to it. Last season we could train all week for a game most of the time - it’s a whole different ball game this season. Couple that with being a bit hamstrung by FFP as well as a colossal fuck up from Tonali in regards to his betting ban and straight up bad luck with Barnes and I’d say we are doing OK under the circumstances, not super or even very well, but OK. 

The thing is though, staff and players are learning and if there’s one thing we know about Howe it is that he’ll turn over every single stone to make things better and most likely succeed. We’re in this for the long haul and this season was always going to be tough. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us be in the race come March/April still. Onwards and upwards!

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

I’ve said, multiple times, that there’s far more to be positive about than negative but saying ‘great point, we go again’ is worthless. My honest opinion is that the transfer window has seen our competitors make far, far better decisions than us that go beyond budget constraints, and that we’re owned by people who rightly or wrongly want immediate tangible results when they spend money.

So why did we sign players for the future then that doesn’t make sense

also please go into detail about these miles better decisions? 

4 minutes ago, tgarve said:

There’s a reason Howe doesn’t ignore the 35 previous games and base all his decisions off 2

Nobody is saying he should be benched. Besides fatigue, the main benefit of having a bench is to replace players when they aren't performing, and Trippier wasn't performing today so why not give Livramento some minutes and Trippier some rest? You say Livramento or any of the other suggested subs wouldn't have changed anything today like it's a fact. In fact, you have no clue whether they would have or not. :lol: Neither do those that wanted those subs on, but I fail to see what detriment to the team fresh, quicker legs at that stage in the game would have had.

Just now, Conjo said:

Nobody is saying he should be benched. Besides fatigue, the main benefit of having a bench is to replace players when they aren't performing, and Trippier wasn't performing today so why not give Livramento some minutes and Trippier some rest? You say Livramento or any of the other suggested subs wouldn't have changed anything today like it's a fact. In fact, you have no clue whether they would have or not. :lol: Neither do those that wanted those subs on, but I fail to see what detriment to the team fresh, quicker legs at that stage in the game would have had.

I think we might have got more bringing Tino on for Wilson  or Gordon personally but i think Howe knows his stuff like - there’s bout wrong with opinions , I just think it’s hard to say what would have changed things so much and I’m not sure Tino> Trippier would have made all that much difference or made us better - if anything might have made us worse at that point in game 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I didn't watch the match at all, so take ratings with a pinch of salt. Let me know how close my guesses were.

Pope: 6.5

Trippier: 7.5

Lascelles: 6

Schar: 8

Bruno: 7.5

Joelinton: 6.5

Longstaff: 7

Gordon: 6.5

Wilson: 8

Almiron: 7

Close

I think draw was a fair result. We seem to be defensively weaker than last season, and especially now that Botman is out. Injuries are mounting and I think we need to toss either the LC game or the Arsenal away game. If you cannot play Livramento or Hall now, then when can you play them?

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I think draw was a fair result. We seem to be defensively weaker than last season, and especially now that Botman is out. Injuries are mounting and I think we need to toss either the LC game or the Arsenal away game. If you cannot play Livramento or Hall now, then when can you play them?

The Arsenal game is at home btw

7 minutes ago, tgarve said:

You contradicted yourself?

Howay give us these transfers then along with their net spends vs Ours

I think the Maddison one is the obvious one we should have gone harder for

8 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I think we might have got more bringing Tino on for Wilson  or Gordon personally but i think Howe knows his stuff like - there’s bout wrong with opinions , I just think it’s hard to say what would have changed things so much and I’m not sure Tino> Trippier would have made all that much difference or made us better - if anything might have made us worse at that point in game 

You'd want Tino playing on the LW or up top?

Just now, tgarve said:

We wernt getting him though

Just as likely we would have got Messi end of last season 

Such a defeatist, negative attitude. We had CL football to offer but have no chance of buying proven top players?

Just now, KingArthur said:

I didn't really see a good review of the penalty incident. Looks first that Schär dived, but his ankle twists so weirdly that surely Hwang kicks him a bit at least?

That was my observation. His ankle went sideways.