Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Willock’s finish is absolutely class. Made it look so easy.

He was brilliant in general. Forget how important he is. His return is huge. That goal still needed a lot of effort on the short despite the good run. Love the Gordon run to drag defenders away too. Sweet low hit in to the corner. Lovely stuff.

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

In fairness i didn't have them being this bad thought they'd be similar to last season solid not especially exciting but efficient. Not really sure how it's gone quite this wrong. Very rare you see a player go quite so quickly off the pace as casemiro

Only to be expected when you suddenly find out at the end of your career that you're an unbelievably dirty cunt who's been protected by La Liga refs for years.

What a fucking night that was. 

• Absolutely minging, 3.5hr drive down.
  • Frustrated as hell hearing the starting line up, wondering if the drive would be worth it.
  • Arrived with 10 minutes to spare.
  • Watched an Eddie Howe masterclass with a C team in one of the best away ends I've ever been in.
  • Drove 3 hours home.

Fucking class.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Only to be expected when you suddenly find out at the end of your career that you're an unbelievably dirty cunt who's been protected by La Liga refs for years.

Even if he was really good for 70% of last season, it was always a huge risk paying £60 million on a player who was 30, and who's pace had been going. He really is the epitome of everything that is wrong with that club.

Boo hoo. They're not winning every match and trophy going. Welcome to the world of about 80 other league clubs. Pundits go on about "long suffering Man U fans" give them another 20 or 30 without a trophy then that can be sort of justified. The Glazers get stick for taking money out, but they've still managed to comfortably keep spending in the City/Chelsea brackets. 

How long until unrealistic expectations are mentioned? Even with a perfect management  system, backroom team and infrastructure they can only be expect to be second possibly third best while the City/Guardiola train keeps on rolling. Quite easy to say that Tottenham and Arsenal are comfortably better placed, and we're not too far behind them at the minute either.

They've become the Villa/Liverpool of the early to mid 90's.

Reputation has carried them for a good 10 years, but that's starting to crack now too

Personally think Radcliffe will be an absolute disaster for them ...a fan running the football side of things? Whilst he's clearly a very successful guy, his involvement with the Merc F1 team has shown that he doesn't have the nous to affect changes to advancing competition. I freely admit I could be massively wrong but his track record in sport isn't great

Edited by gjohnson

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah it looks as though Casemiro might be over the hill.

I'd have him at the toon mind. :lol:

A whole world of nope to this....exactly what BSA tried in 2007/8 and we all saw how well that worked.

Casimeiro is their Cacapa

Edited by gjohnson

You just know that under the right manager Casemiro is going to be top class again.

That man has 5 CL titles, he was playing for Madrid, now hes getting dicked 3-0 twice a week at home under a manager who has no idea how to deal with big names.

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

A whole world of nope to this....exactly what BSA tried in 2007/8 and we all saw how well that worked.

Casimeiro is their Cacapa

I wouldn't sign him either, but he's still class. As others have said, this is on the manager.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Redcafe loons......

lex talionis said:

"We were crap, but Newcastle's finishing was the kind of stuff you only see on YouTube videos. Whoever scored those goals will never score goals like that ever again in their careers.

But let's not take our eye off the ball...we were crap. Decaying fecal matter too rotten for even the lowliest housefly to bother with."

"You’re right though. However, it seems to be the case with any half decent team we play: they score great goals easily, the ball always bounces their way, the officials tend to believe their extravagantly acrobatic dives. I wonder if after dominating English football for so long, other clubs know that we’re now ripe for revenge and just love whipping our arses.
At the moment though I am so sick of it I’m never sure whether it’s my own darkened lens I’m looking through and seeing things that aren’t really there. Don’t think so, mind."

Saw that myself! Maybe they should look at Miggys highlight reel on YouTube. His goal last night was pretty tame compared to some of the crackers he's scored in recent seasons.

7 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Saw that myself! Maybe they should look at Miggys highlight reel on YouTube. His goal last night was pretty tame compared to some of the crackers he's scored in recent seasons.

Tino's run made that goal though, we can't ignore how good that part was.

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Love how I keep reading that it was our B team. I would say this was comfortably a C team. Still had the likes of Barnes, Murphy, Miley, Anderson, Tonali all missing who would have started if fit. Plus players like Lascelles rested due to filling in for Botman recently. 
Plus as mentioned, essentially playing with 10 as Ritchie's legs went about 2 years ago.  

Yeah, Ritchie, Dummett and Krafth wouldn't make the second XI all being fit and even Gordon would be our C-team striker. Hall would be borderline at the moment. Mental result and performance. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Tino's run made that goal though, we can't ignore how good that part was.

Absolutely! I was just talking about Miggys finish considering it's a once in a lifetime goal according to redcafe. Pure copium from them!

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Spat my coffee out a couple of times during this ?

Asian lad's funny af and the black lads, I like much, are pretty cool with stoicism 

Enjoy ?

I feel sad that I live in the era that these channels exist. Some of them obviously making good money from them too. Weird.