Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

Think match cam has sneakily used angles where none of the elements questioned on the goal look questionable, for posterity.

I've heard the Arsenal version is like the zoom in on the Zapruder film.

6 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Beating a talented rival is one thing but having their fans whine and moan for days after makes it so much better. Its like winning all over again.  Hilarious.

Think Arsenal fans are forgetting the way their players behaved in 2003 after the Van Nistelrooy penalty miss. 

A few shoves from Bruno was nothing compared to the way their players behaved that day.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm honestly not seeing it :lol:

Surely if he does he breaks his leg?

He literally skims it. Seems to drag Longstaff's shinpad and sock away as his first foot goes through. Maybe missed his skin due to the lack of blood but you're talking millimetres difference from slicing him open or worse. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

You keep saying this, but he quite clearly make contact with his front foot :lol:

Yeah good spot, he clearly hits his shinpad as @80 says, absolutely no question it's a red then [emoji38]

Imagine trying to moan about that loss, man. Absolute whoppers.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn’t think it was a red until I saw that angle with him touching the shin pad. Could’ve been horrific. 

I thought it was a red straight away. It doesn't need to make contact if the intent is there. Like throwing a punch but missing.

They were always the most sensitive to ‘bad’ tackles over the years. They’ve had some shocking injuries to Ramsey and Eduardo that understandably made them more focused on dangerous challenges. Wenger was always one to speak out about it.

Not seen much mention of this. Or if they have, it’s to say that it was only a yellow. 

Mugs. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

35 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Think Arsenal fans are forgetting the way their players behaved in 2003 after the Van Nistelrooy penalty miss. 

A few shoves from Bruno was nothing compared to the way their players behaved that day.

I'm still raging about the assaults they dished out to Ginola in '95. It’s what made me laugh about their reaction to the 0-0 at their place their literal identity was about defensive solidity for decades. Then again they’re that silent as a fanbase now I doubt half of the current lot have ever heard 1-0 to the Arsenal be sung

3 minutes ago, McDog said:

To be fair, and it's more devil's advocate, how exactly do you know what the intent is?

what do you think his intent was.

off the ground , diving in, no control, no where near the ball.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

To be fair, and it's more devil's advocate, how exactly do you know what the intent is?

What else could the intent be? He wasn’t trying to get the ball, it had already gone and he attempted to make contact high on the shin with both feet of the ground? Thankfully his attempts to do Longstaff were as successful as everything else the useless twat tries on a football pitch

Just now, huss9 said:

what do you think his intent was.

off the ground , diving in, no control, no where near the ball.

No idea, so I guess you lean on what the laws of the game actually say. I thought it was a dangerous move, just not sure what the laws say. You can't know intent.

7 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

What else could the intent be? He wasn’t trying to get the ball, it had already gone and he attempted to make contact high on the shin with both feet of the ground? Thankfully his attempts to do Longstaff were as successful as everything else the useless twat tries on a football pitch

It's going to seem like I'm defending this clown, I'm not. No idea what his intent was though.

1) Put the team on notice physical play is coming?

2) Intimidate short term?

3) Trying to cause injury?

17 minutes ago, McDog said:

No idea, so I guess you lean on what the laws of the game actually say. I thought it was a dangerous move, just not sure what the laws say. You can't know intent.

You can't know it, you can make an assessment of it.

I'm sure as hell no expert on the rules but as far as I was aware there doesn't have to be intent nor contact depending on the circumstance.

There seems to be a general consensus these days that two feet off the ground, studs up is understandably an out of control tackle that is considered dangerous.

I don't see how it doesn't simply come under serious foul play here:

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

How much more force can you put into a tackle when you've taken off, flown through the air for 2 or 3 yards with both feet aimed at your opponents legs and made contact with both for it to be deemed 'excessive' :lol:

what more does the cunt have to do ffs? 

The most annoying thing about this situation with the Havertz challenge is how quick the ref has the yellow out his pocket. He's got it out a split second after the tackle, whether he thinks that'll calm the Newcastle players down or not? Maybe, but it actually does the opposite and angers Schar and Tripper particularly even more so.

I understand he has to make the decision at some point but perhaps he should speak to the linesman or 4th official who were stood a yard or two away first.

It's simple really, there doesn't need to be contact for a challenge to be regarded as careless, reckless or with excessive force. The fact there is contact despite it not being as dangerous as it could have been, it should still have been a red card. I don't think you can see that tackle and think anything else really.