NUFC Injuries and Suspensions

57 minutes ago, SteV said:

Was Tuesday to Saturday for Bournemouth, but regardless, no decent breaks until January now.

Tues - Sat - Thurs is as good as we could have hoped - hopefully it allows us to get a couple back so we can rotate for Spurs 

It’s bloody ridiculous the fixture pile up - mostly caused by the international window - I remember Xmas of years gone by when you had 3 games in 6/7 days - madness 

14 minutes ago, jack j said:

Pope

Murphy Botman Burn Targett

Tonali Longstaff willock

Barnes Wilson Anderson

This team would have beaten Man U aswell today 

If you just wanted to make an injury xi not including Tonali, you could have this:

Pope

Manquillo

Botman

Burn

Targett

Anderson

Longstaff

Willock

Murphy

Wilson

Barnes

4 hours ago, 54 said:

If you just wanted to make an injury xi not including Tonali, you could have this:

Pope

Manquillo

Botman

Burn

Targett

Anderson

Longstaff

Willock

Murphy

Wilson

Barnes

Absolutely mental that like. So many first choice players, of course by the time they come back some might not be. Livramento is impossible to drop and even dropping Miley would be a travesty.

Of those that are due back soon, in no particular order:

Botman

Willock

Longstaff

Wilson

Barnes

You could argue, these 5, rank highest on priority and importance to get back anyways. So would be massive to get some or all of those back by January.

Perhaps Murphy would be up there too in terms of allowing us to rotate Miggy, but Barnes will help give us that rotation ability in wide areas. 

Edited by alexf
Just to clarify I wasn't putting Botman ahead of Wilson etc.

2 hours ago, alexf said:

Of those that are due back soon (fingers crossed) :

Botman

Willock

Longstaff

Wilson

Barnes

You could argue rank highest on priority and importance to get back anyways. So would be massive to get some or all of those back by January.

Perhaps Murphy would be up there too in terms of allowing us to rotate Miggy, but Barnes will help give us that rotation ability in wide areas. 

I'd say Wilson and Barnes are at the highest priority by far tbh. Isak and Gordon need some element of rest ASAP. Lascelles has made sure we aren't missing Botman and our system seems to work no matter which CMs are playing as long as Bruno is one of them.

On 04/12/2023 at 03:13, Mazzy said:

Wilson is top priority I'd say. We need him back and both him and Isak need to stay fit for the rest of the season to give us the best chance of achieving something.

Wilson would absolutely fucking love the Derby too ?

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Wilson would absolutely fucking love the Derby too ?

He would be talking shit all game to the defenders and celebrate in front of them whilst doing the Macarena :lol:

18 hours ago, Karjala said:

Botman, Wilson and Barnes back in training today ?

Great news.  

Is it me, or have players who were recently "back in training" then been back in the match day squad pretty quickly (i.e. what seems like only a few days for some).  Clearly these guys do a lot of work behind the scenes before they even get back with the players, so should we assume the baseline fitness is there and the injury is healed before they do?  I ask because we seem to have had a few recurring injuries or breakdowns pretty quickly after a returns recently.  Hence, is this bad luck or are we bringing players back to soon (needs must)? 

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

Just because they are back training, doesn't mean they were likely to go straight back into the matchday squad.

They weren't training yesterday so aye they won't be near the squad