NUFC Injuries and Suspensions

Definitely think I'd rather gamble on Miley being ready than starting Ritchie or the ridiculous Schar in CM notion.

I can just about cope with Ritchie in a situation like Saturday, closing out the game with hard graft for 10 minutes and giving someone a breather, but I wouldn't be starting him in a PL game unless there was literally no other option.

7 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Definitely think I'd rather gamble on Miley being ready than starting Ritchie or the ridiculous Schar in CM notion.

I can just about cope with Ritchie in a situation like Saturday, closing out the game with hard graft for 10 minutes and giving someone a breather, but I wouldn't be starting him in a PL game unless there was literally no other option.

didn’t Ritchie just start our demolition of Man Utd.

add in the ex-club facto and he’d be fine for Bournemouth.

It would be easy to assume that the increased schedule this season would be the cause, high intensity games against elite sides in the toughest competition in the world is going to invite increased risk of injury right? 

But the thing that hurts is a few are just unlucky freak occurrences. Burn, Murphy and Anderson specifically. Isak and Botman are unfortunate because they are key players, but it’s to be expected that with that the system we play and a big increase in minutes with the CL games that we’d run into these muscle issues. And then there’s Tonali. It just adds more pressure onto those who are fit now too, they have to take on more minutes individually now and it increases the risk of losing more players. We need a decent run of luck until we get 2 or 3 players back fit. 

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, James said:

Don’t understand how we have two player out with a lower back stress fracture

I can help with that.

It's because both of them have sustained stress fractures of their lower back.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

You can’t seriously be advocating Matt Ritchie start a PL game for us? 

We don't have anyone else and it's v Bournemouth. He was perfectly serviceable v Manu

Edited by OverThere

2 hours ago, James said:

Don’t understand how we have two player out with a lower back stress fracture

I don't recall the Anderson one but Burn was pretty damn obvious and unavoidable. Go up in the air, land on back, fuck up said back.

we need to get some good news of players returning because all this additional injuries can crash our season if it continues at this rate.

we really need to be clever and creative on the loan market in January imo as I cannot see much money available to spend given we needed to be creative already with the Hall deal.

probably need to do an extensive search on the bench of other top clubs for players wanting to make Euros but not playing much.

and yes we need to explore options of loan from the Saudi league, media backlash is fixed on but couldnt care less.

44 minutes ago, OverThere said:

We don't have anyone else and it's v Bournemouth. He was perfectly serviceable v Manu

He will contribute nothing in midfield or out wide. He can’t run.

We have Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff for midfield and Gordon, Wilson and Almiron  front 3. Lewis Hall should be way ahead of him in the pecking order wherever he has to be put. 

6 minutes ago, BShearer said:

we need to get some good news of players returning because all this additional injuries can crash our season if it continues at this rate.

we really need to be clever and creative on the loan market in January imo as I cannot see much money available to spend given we needed to be creative already with the Hall deal.

probably need to do an extensive search on the bench of other top clubs for players wanting to make Euros but not playing much.

and yes we need to explore options of loan from the Saudi league, media backlash is fixed on but couldnt care less.

Hopefully we held a bit back for a least one deal if needed.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

He will contribute nothing in midfield or out wide. He can’t run.

We have Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff for midfield and Gordon, Wilson and Almiron  front 3. Lewis Hall should be way ahead of him in the pecking order wherever he has to be put. 

True enough.Hall should be first and if we need to rotate could play LM

23 hours ago, BShearer said:

That would be nice, but it seems almost every injury we've suffered is months out rather than weeks :banghead:  Isak is the closest with what, 3 weeks or so until ready? Everyone else is next year.

Screenshot_20231108_011345_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d5edc6b3a2ebb85a2e973734ae942a7.jpg

DEATH TO INTERNATIONAL BREAKS!

Injuries:

Jacob Murphy - Dislocated Shoulder - 2/3 Months

Harvey Barnes - Broken Foot - 2 Months

Dan Burn - Lower Back Stress Fracture - 2 Months

Elliot Anderson - Lower Back Stress Fracture - 2 Months

Matt Targett - Torn Hamstring - 3 Months

Sven Botman - Knee Damage - 2/3 Weeks

Alexander Isak - Hip Injury - 2 Weeks

Javier Manquillo - Groin Strain - No return date set

Callum Wilson - Hamstring tightness - unknown

Suspensions:

Sandro Tonali - Gambling Addict - 10 Months

Bruno Guimaraes - 5 Yellow Cards - 1 Match Ban (Premier League)

image.thumb.png.bcea55ef45c9a19c5471c2243d0e9510.png

I LOVE THOSE MAGNIFICENT INTERNATIONAL BREAKS!

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we'd just had Isak out of all those missing over the two games v Borussia we'd be 1 point better off as a bare minimum which would have been massive. Huge miss.

It’s one of those situations, we’ve been dreadfully unlucky. You take the calibre of player we are missing out of most sides and they would struggle a hell of a lot more than we have. 

Eddie and boys deserve massive credit. 

On 06/11/2023 at 19:10, MrRaspberryJam said:

Seriously looking forward to the silly cash we’re gonna chuck about in January now. 

We probably won’t. 

I think we already owe 35 for hall. 

Might be just a loan for big Hamza Choudhury