NUFC Injuries and Suspensions

ah ffs - now I really fear the season will be pretty much over in 2 weeks 

out of the FA Cup and followed by an almost certain defeat at Villa Park 

hate to be so negative and there's always a bit of hope, but it's the hope that's the killer so perhaps best to mentally prepare for the worst... 

that said I think we'll be back much stronger next season 

sure Robson had two 11th place finishes before consecutive seasons in top 4 

Howe has already had one 11th place followed by CL, perhaps this will be his second followed by another CL qualification 

and hopefully trophy to go with it!

Hopefully Barnes and Wilson are back for our league match in Feb 2028

Wilson doesn’t half piss me off - a complete liability when it comes to fitness 

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

I'm sure this has been addressed but why do clubs often happily give info on injury updates? Surely it'd be beneficial if opposition clubs don't know who to prepare to play against. 

I think it's about managing relationships with the press; it's virtually always question number one in the pressers - there's probably little to be gained from being overly objectionable about it, whereas pissing off all the local journos would be cutting your nose off to spite your face. 

Wor Eddie is as evasive about it as etiquette allows. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'm sure this has been addressed but why do clubs often happily give info on injury updates? Surely it'd be beneficial if opposition clubs don't know who to prepare to play against. 

There was a moment in today's presser with Tindall where Luke Edwards said 'good to see you're just as evasive with injuries as Eddie' to which Tindall replied 'I've been trained well' with a laugh. So they do intentionally leave open some element of doubt for the opposition with their answers.

40 minutes ago, ToonAbroad said:

There was a moment in today's presser with Tindall where Luke Edwards said 'good to see you're just as evasive with injuries as Eddie' to which Tindall replied 'I've been trained well' with a laugh. So they do intentionally leave open some element of doubt for the opposition with their answers.

Fergje used to always do this - make up false injuries 

Still haunted when Jose said Son pulled his hammy - took him out of my FF team and he scored 3 v Man U a few days later 

56 minutes ago, ToonAbroad said:

I particularly enjoyed the bit where Edwards admitted that he was a bit of a cunt at times

BBC match report today saying Isak out for "several weeks"

not sure where that's come from but it would be so typical with Wilson back today 

ditto Gordon to now miss a few weeks/months with Barnes back today 

what a season 

• 2 weeks later...