Bournemouth 2-0 Newcastle United (11/11/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are a bad injury to Bruno away from really struggling, needs addressing ASAP in future windows.

There's only so much you can address when your £60m signing in his position gets a year ban. Of course you need a deep squad but you can't sign 3 top class players for every position which is what we would need at the minute to cover this many absences.

Just now, OverThere said:

Players are completely knacked and have nothing left to give. That being said, please don't play a big Joe ever again at center forward. Is so much more effective in the midfield

Who else would you have put up top after Almiron came off?

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It classes as hate speech mate.  I’m not looking to have a pop, but it’s one of those words where it’s best off not being used.  I’m sure you weren’t looking to be hateful or owt

No I know your aren't being hostile mate. 

I understand what you are saying. My feelings are when we are talking about some lowlife miscreant then I tend to not hold back, even if the words relate in most people's eyes to disadvantaged people in society who are actually a class way above the person I am calling.

'Cunt' would probably have been sufficient! 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Who else would you have put up top after Almiron came off?

In hindsight, Tino should have slotted in for Almiron. Ritchie looked shockingly out of his depth. With that said, wish all the whinging would stop. End of the day, we're going into the break with Champions League football in our sights, and an ownership and management itching to bring in fresh blood in January... What more could people want?

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

There's only so much you can address when your £60m signing in his position gets a year ban. Of course you need a deep squad but you can't sign 3 top class players for every position which is what we would need at the minute to cover this many absences.

It's astonishing how little some seem to understand about the limits of our resources up until this point.

We've done remarkable to build a squad that we have done, with players like Gordon who was criticised before he'd pulled on a black and white shirt.

At every chance to enhance the squad, this ownership have delivered and so far they've been a Chris Wood (even then they got a good fee back) and a Tonali ban away from being perfect.

We will recruit again in January.

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You can mitigate for that in other ways though. Imo Bruno playing tonight changes little if anything, they're were all out on their feet and it really showed.

I think what you're saying is true re the guys being tired, but that meant out out-of-possession game didn't work. When that doesn't work we're generally bad and we're more likely to face a compact block, which is our greatest weakness (esp. without a Bruno). 

Just now, STM said:

It's astonishing how little some seem to understand about the limits of our resources up until this point.

We've done remarkable to build a squad that we have done, with players like Gordon who was criticised before he'd pulled on a black and white shirt.

At every chance to enhance the squad, this ownership have delivered and so far they've been a Chris Wood (even then they got a good fee back) and a Tonali ban away from being perfect.

We will recruit again in January.

I’m not failing to understand it at all, but we don’t win a game when Bruno doesn’t play. I don’t expect it to be addressed in January (I don’t expect any major business) but it’s still an issue that will have to be addressed eventually.