Bournemouth 2-0 Newcastle United (11/11/23)

Yorkie

The core of the squad are just burned out. No one has really had a full game off to rest, high tempo and some great results but it’s all mounted up to a position where we can’t go full noise for 90 minutes.

3 losses in a run of 8 really tricky games, two of those to Dortmund, winning the home league games as well. December is going to be a tough month but hopefully the bed wetters simmer down a bit before we can regroup in January.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's no doable transfer window that guarantees mitigation for the situation we're in now.

Slightly disagree. Whilst injuries are very bad, today was, in part, what happens when you take our only progressive passer out of the team. Over the summer, we added no supplement, and today we created nothing (I do not see Tonali as a progressive passer). 

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Honestly some of our fucking supporters, probably overweight fuckers judging someone in his thirties giving it his all and playing 3 games a week.

if some people got given a million quid then they’d complain it wasn’t two.

Yeah, & quite a few had a bad game today tbf. I don't mind players having a bad game, that happens. It's more longer-term issues with the systems/way we play that interest/concern me.

It'll be interesting how things go with some fans - We've been well-exceeding expectations for that last two years. Easy to keep morale high when that's happening. Now we're struggling a bit in the champions league and I think chances are we'll have a step back in terms of league results this year (which is fine and expected IMO, particularly with the injuries).

We've got the the point where we're not so used to losing so it's extra annoying again!

4 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Fucking disgraceful. Will be some absolute retard. Hope someone drills it into their head how much of a brainless cunt they are 

Aaaaaahhhhh, choose better words, man. No need for that particular one :thup:

Just now, Upthemags said:

Surely Callum can't be playing for Gareth having not played today?

I don’t think he’s Michael Owen, no chance. Genuinely think it would be end game for him if he did that, Eddie wouldn’t be having it.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

That takes Matt Ritchie out of the matchday squad for most of the season? Really? 

Really, yes. Alternatives to Ritchie that are ever going to be worth their salt as players aren't going to be sat in Ritchie's position, they're going to be in Minteh and Kuol's position.

That’s really disappointing about fans having a go. The players are trying their best in really difficult circumstances. 

Our schedule has been crucifying and it’s taken a toll today. 

The players deserve appreciation not berating. We will have difficult periods; it’s also a million times better than anyone could have hoped for 2 years into the takeover.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Christ, there’s some absolute weapons in our support.  Who the fuck has a go at Trippier ffs?

Has having a pop at players ever worked?  Some right spoilt cunts knocking around.  Save it for the pub after the game

Hope those around him put him in his place, absolute bellend

9 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Slightly disagree. Whilst injuries are very bad, today was, in part, what happens when you take our only progressive passer out of the team. Over the summer, we added no supplement, and today we created nothing (I do not see Tonali as a progressive passer). 

You can mitigate for that in other ways though. Imo Bruno playing tonight changes little if anything, they're were all out on their feet and it really showed.

10 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Tonali is quite clearly progressive with the ball.

One of those games that we're best served just pretending never happened and moving on.

Exceptional circumstances today that are unlikely to be repeated often of at all in the coming years.

Pretend it never happened, commit to being positive and try to get everyone rested and ready to go after the two weeks.

12 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Hardly an altercation, but hope someone has a word with that fan.

It’s the very definition of one…

altercation

noun

a noisy argument or disagreement, especially in public.

For KT to hear something he must’ve been shouting away well before the video started.

29 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

It’s our first defeat in 8 games -  we’re currently still in 3 competitions, have played City, Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham and Villa and have one of the best goal differences in the league. We also are now buying a much higher class of up and coming youngster for the tomorrow’s. Bring yourself to remember these when we do get beat and don’t turn into that supporter.

Everyone keeps missing my point.[emoji38] Originally I was just replying to someone who said that our squad was nowhere near strong or deep enough to play twice a week. Then I was pointing our that teams of similar squad depth has done it before without even getting close to this amount of injuries. Look at our bench for the first fixture against Villa. It's not that our squad is nowhere near strong or deep enough, there just happens to be some kind of injury freakshow. I don't know why, maybe it's just bad luck, maybe there's something about training or our physio team.

I can't believe I'm getting so much stick for this.[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s the very definition of one…

altercation

noun

a noisy argument or disagreement, especially in public.

For KT to hear something he must’ve been shouting away well before the video started.

Tbf mate I'd only seen the sky footage at the time.

Anyone judging and blaming anyone for that game tonight needs throwing off the closest building. There are no mitigations for the amount of players we have missing, 5 or 6 players is a crisis, 13 players is armageddon. We're down to having to play kids, OAPs and 4th choice players, how do you get a tune out of that? Any more injuries and I'm pretty sure a few of us will have to dust our boots off.

There is no way this could have been forseen, we're 3 years or so away from our bottom of the barrel players being anything but cannon fodder. 

Valiant effort from the Z team, take the L, hopefully the 2 week break puts us in a better position, but I said that last month so who knows at this point???