Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

Feel like I've said it so many times already this season, but yet again we've racked up goals with a bunch of different goalscorers. It's great how we're not reliant on just the strikers or one player having a purple patch. Great spread today - one from defence, one midfield, one wide and one striker.

Edited by Pilko

I think we were all over them for large spells first half aswell.

Was only our own mistake that lead to a soft free kick and goal. Great save from Pope at 1:1 from Enzo but apart from that you could just tell their only weapon was to try and hit Sterling in the counter. 

There were spells where they couldn't get out and we just swarmed them. Shame Joelinton didn't bury that chance because we deserved to be ahead first half also, plus Tripps crossbar freekick.

2 minutes ago, alexf said:

I think we were all over them for large spells first half aswell.

Was only our own mistake that lead to a soft free kick and goal. Great save from Pope at 1:1 from Enzo but apart from that you could just tell their only weapon was to try and hit Sterling in the counter. 

They had that corner header straight at Pope, and a better player than Gallagher would have put them up 1-2 (the Pope kick). They also had some counter that was close to become something.

Chelsea were absolutely shite like. Expected a lot more from them, despite not fully believing in their so called resurgence. Our second goal, which was obviously pivotal, came following the third almost identical foul on our right. Incidentally it was kinda ironic that the goal actually came from the one Tripps decided to play short. But such a lack of discipline from the Chewce. 

I'm still preparing myself to be fuming that they'll come through all their turbulence relatively unscathed, but I'll enjoy them looking broken while it lasts. Such an unimpressive team for all the money they've spent.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Joelinton really hasn’t been at the races this season, and that wasn’t great either first half.  I’m completely unconvinced by him in midfield - looks much better LW with Willock behind.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we cash in this summer. 

That is an absolutely mental take 

Second half for me was the best we've played this season. Some of the passing and movement was exceptional.

Chelsea were exactly what they've been all this season, neat and tidy enough box to box but can't defend properly and don't have a striker or anyone who can be clinical. Not going to cut it, if Nkunku doesn't make a difference when he comes in they're fucked so far as this season goes.

26 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

That is an absolutely mental take 

I think he wishes he could be like the genuinely hilarious wacko who promotes Adam Armstrong-Aguero over Gordon, but hasn’t got enough smarts to be funny

Edited by greydos
Added ‘like’

Very good stuff.  Different degrees of being the better team throughout. No right to be putting in shows like that with the injury crisis.

Will resist the urge to ask how many times this group has made people like that wanker at Bournemouth look like the shit supporters they are shortly after.