Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

VAR ref been fucked off for his mistake. 

“UEFA have announced that Tomasz Kwiatkowski, the man on VAR duty at the Parc des Princes during Newcastle’s draw with PSG, has been stood down from Champions League duty on Wednesday night.”

13 minutes ago, RS said:

VAR ref been fucked off for his mistake. 

“UEFA have announced that Tomasz Kwiatkowski, the man on VAR duty at the Parc des Princes during Newcastle’s draw with PSG, has been stood down from Champions League duty on Wednesday night.”

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

5 hours ago, mellowyellow said:

BVB supported here.As after the Milan BVB Game the TV Moderator said PSG Equalizer by penalty 98.minute Matthias Sammer, BVB consultant said: Probably an unjustified Hand penalty. And it was so true, by far the most ridiculous penalty Why do you suspect all this?

Just hope we got a point against PSG, especially for the great Newcastle Fans I met in Dortmund.

We will all be part of the yellow wall that night. 

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Not before doing the job he was paid to do by the Qataris.

There was more to that than an error. 

We all know that the decision was not from a professional perspective. It simply couldn’t have been. Not one person I have spoke to has said it was a penalty. This is not just Newcastle fans. 

woke up to many southern pals messages saying Newcastle were robbed etc. Mancs scousers toffees the lot.

7 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

There was more to that than an error. 

We all know that the decision was not from a professional perspective. It simply couldn’t have been. Not one person I have spoke to has said it was a penalty. This is not just Newcastle fans. 

woke up to many southern pals messages saying Newcastle were robbed etc. Mancs scousers toffees the lot.

Every single Pundit, Talksport, average fan of other teams. Everyone can see it wasn't a penalty. There is no way "the best referee in the world" looked at those replays and genuinely made a mistake. It's not possible, it was so clear cut that it wasn't a penalty. The Qataris paid the referees off because they can't stand to be embarrassed by Saudis. They already have history for bribing football officials.

Edited by Skeletor

Still think we should of subbed isak off that last twenty minutes he was a statue and was fucked. It was like playing with ten men even if we brought on a youngun up top to run about and make a nuisance might of getting us over the line. 

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Every single Pundit, Talksport, average fan of other teams. Everyone can see it wasn't a penalty. There is no way "the best referee in the world" looked at those replays and genuinely made a mistake. It's not possible, it was so clear cut that it wasn't a penalty. The Qataris paid the referees off because they can't stand to be embarrassed by Saudis.

Nail on the head.

The ref waved off the pen. 

Hand on heart. Pierriluigi collina aside. That ref last night was the best ref I have ever seen controlling a game. Hands down 10/10.

He would no have made that decision. We will never hear that conversation that’s for sure

1 minute ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Nail on the head.

The ref waved off the pen. 

Hand on heart. Pierriluigi collina aside. That ref last night was the best ref I have ever seen controlling a game. Hands down 10/10.

He would no have made that decision. We will never hear that conversation that’s for sure

The fact the VAR cunt has already been stood down already shows that even UEFA know it.

Pressure in my opinion, soon as they told him to look at the screen they would have put doubt in his melon so went with the var recommendation. With them being stood down he obviously told uefa why he made the decision. 

Edited by andycap

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

Still think we should have subbed isak off that last twenty minutes he was a statue and was fucked. It was like playing with ten men even if we brought on a youngun up top to run about and make a nuisance might of getting us over the line. 

Yeah, I agree.  The ball was literally bouncing off the lad - he was completely spent.  I was surprised we didn’t bring on Dummett & Hall in stoppage time - both to add defenders, and to run down the clock

10 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Every single Pundit, Talksport, average fan of other teams. Everyone can see it wasn't a penalty. There is no way "the best referee in the world" looked at those replays and genuinely made a mistake. It's not possible, it was so clear cut that it wasn't a penalty. The Qataris paid the referees off because they can't stand to be embarrassed by Saudis. They already have history for bribing football officials.

Christ Face Palm GIF by FoilArmsandHog

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Pressure in my opinion, soon as they told him to look at the screen they would have put doubt in his melon so went with the var recommendation. With them being stood down he obviously told uefa why he made the decision. 

Yep, last few minutes and nowhere to hide as VAR had called him over. Completely bottled it.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, I agree.  The ball was literally bouncing off the lad - he was completely spent.  I was surprised we didn’t bring on Dummett & Hall in stoppage time - both to add defenders, and to run down the clock

I mean if he wanted to keep the setup as it was as it was working defensively that's fine but by subbing isak for legs and Harrying upfront could of took that little bit of pressure off and stemmed the waves. 

I think I might have written on this thread somewhere during the game, but Pope’s ostentatious time-wasting doesn’t really help - we were punished by Liverpool last season under similar circumstances.  That type of shithousing just leads to the referees adding ridiculous amounts of stoppage time on - all to delay a goal kick by about ten seconds.  The club need to pack it in. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I mean if he wanted to keep the setup as it was as it was working defensively that's fine but by subbing isak for legs and Harrying upfront could of took that little bit of pressure off and stemmed the waves. 

Yeah, anything would have done.  For me, the fact that PSG seemed to be creating roughly one chance per minute meant that we weren’t actually defending well at all those last 20 mins - PSG were just profligate.  A goal looked inevitable.  

8 minutes ago, andycap said:

It was a VAR decision really. Reviewing the screen is a formality these days. 

I wouldn’t have minded half as much if the ref gave it in the moment and VAR didn’t overturn it. 

It’s the fact VAR interfered when not only was it not a clear and obvious error… it was clearly not an error at all. The Miley one was more a handball than that. It bounced off Miley too but Mileys hand was outstretched for no reason. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think I might have written on this thread somewhere during the game, but Pope’s ostentatious time-wasting doesn’t really help - we were punished by Liverpool last season under similar circumstances.  That type of shithousing just leads to the referees adding ridiculous amounts of stoppage time on - all to delay a goal kick by about ten seconds.  The club need to pack it in. 

It would help the lads gather their breathe a bit more.  

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, anything would have done.  For me, the fact that PSG seemed to be creating roughly one chance per minute meant that we weren’t actually defending well at all those last 20 mins - PSG were just profligate.  A goal looked inevitable.  

It looked inevitable until about 92 minutes.  Then it looked like they would just keep missing every chance they get.  

Guest reefatoon
14 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If they'd been paid off they would have given one of the previous 2 shouts.     

The money didn’t arrive in his account until the 97th minute.